Finished 1st Semester.. Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

steelnation23

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

I'm kind of worried after finishing my first semester at a Canadian University. My GPA was around a 3.46 .. I was wondering if Canadian grades get 'bumped' up when converting to the American grading scale. Also, I'm a little worried about my grades, and I dont know if my grades are good enough even with these beginner 1st year courses. My first semester looked like this:
Physics 1 - A-
Cell Bio - B
Intro to Ethics- B+
Reasoning Skills- A
Gen Chem I- B+
Are these scores not good enough so far? Do optometry schools frown upon this? Any feedback would be great
 
As long as your OAT scores are of similar caliber, I think you'll get into schools.