finished DAT: concerned about scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rebma

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I took my DAT today and I am concerned about my PAT scores. I did not expect a 16 on PAT becuase i was scoring 18-22 on Crack PAT! My scores are

PAT: 16
Bio: 21
GC: 19
oC: 22
QR: 17
RC: 17

TS: 20
AA: 19

I have a GPA of 3.76 cum and sci 3.71. My AADSAS was mailed out on July 21, 08

Should I retake? I know schools look at PAT score individually and it is really worrying me.. please give honest opinion and advice. if you were in my position would u retake??

thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

any help, opinions??:confused:

Overall your GPA and DAT scores are solid. Yes, some schools (Pacific) put a lot of weight on the PAT, but some others could care less.

Members don't see this ad :)
What schools are you applying at? Some have 17 cut offs.

Overall your GPA and DAT scores are solid. Yes, some schools (Pacific) put a lot of weight on the PAT, but some others could care less.

thanks for replying. which ones put a lot of weight and which could care less??

i will be calling tomorow but which are known for the cut-offs? thanks

What schools are you applying at? Some have 17 cut offs.

i already submitted my app to UOP and UCSF plus 4 others (NYU, Creighton, UCLA, Tufts) I am a cali resident. UOP and UCSF have cut-offs right? but i guess it's too late now because they already have my app.

do you know which other schools hace cut-offs?

i plan on adding

marquette
temple
NOVA
UPitt
Mercy
Maryland
USC
Midwestern

do any of these have cut-offs? what are my chances?? thnks!

Hey

I would plan on a retake. Applying is like a crap shoot and you have good scores across the board but anything can happen. That 16 on pat makes things difficult. There is no guarantee on getting into dental school. I would shoot for retake around decemberish if you dont recieve a comfortable amount of interviews. If you have any doubt sign up for the dat in december, study hard, retake in january then email all your schools regarding your dat score. If could push your application from being waitlisted or rejected into the accepted pile.

So basically what im saying is dont worry about the dat for now but be well aware around winter time you might need to retake it. I was in the similar situation last year and now im reapplying.

Good luck.

Hey

I would plan on a retake. Applying is like a crap shoot and you have good scores across the board but anything can happen. That 16 on pat makes things difficult. There is no guarantee on getting into dental school. I would shoot for retake around decemberish if you dont recieve a comfortable amount of interviews. If you have any doubt sign up for the dat in december, study hard, retake in january then email all your schools regarding your dat score. If could push your application from being waitlisted or rejected into the accepted pile.

So basically what im saying is dont worry about the dat for now but be well aware around winter time you might need to retake it. I was in the similar situation last year and now im reapplying.

Good luck.

I second this post.

So just wait and see if I get interviews and if not schedule a retake? How many schools did u apply to the first time? Has anyone gotten in with a 16 on PAT?