Finished!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusier

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First let me thank everyone....I took my DAT this morning in Mobile here are the goods:
AA:20
PA:20
QR:17
RC:22
Bio:21
GC:19
OC:21
TS:20
overall im please and did as well as I thought.
My study habbits: Got barrons about 1 year ago and began studying a little. Got Kaplan about 5 months ago (only practice tests and videos) and watched the videos/began the practice test, and two months ago I got TopScore (the best). Fot the past 2 or 3 months Ive been studying anywhere from 2 to 6 hours a day. No set schedule but I felt guilty if I was having fun and not reading. Recently I began to worry as I had memorized the majority of the practice test and knew the answer b/f even reading the whole question. The past two weeks have been horrible but I guess it was worth it. My thoughts:

Bio: very straight foward, you can not know everything but know the basics and their application; development, reproductive, basic zoo, basic genetics, basic body systems.
GC: Much easier than any of the practice test I took, know the concepts again and most of the problems are set up so know all the equations. Acidity, basicity, rxn types, trends.
OC: Not to hard either, know the basics, including common nomenclature.
I had about 12 mins left and reviewed and did find 2 mistakes.
PA: hard as ****, I was getting 20+ on all practice tests. Seriously some angles are all the same, some folding seems to punch through 1/2 holes and some time it looked like the only folded one flap of a two flap layer.
10 minute break
RC: harder than I expected, I was getting 22+ on practice tests I freaked right off the bat as the ques,ion were not really word for word as in topscore. Always try to find the word in the passage so you can get close. I think they throw in answers you would think if you just guessed at the question.
QR: I dont give a ****

Thanks again guys and if you have any questions just ask. I also have some materials for sale (PM me).

Background: BS in Finance from UF with 3.45GPA. All science at UWF GPA 3.75. 80 hours of shadowing, working on merck research project that will be published. Very good at CS. You guys think I have a shot at UF, NOVA of UM?

Members don't see this ad.

Nice and consistent - good work! Considering your GPA and extracurriculars, combined with these DAT scores, you shouldn't stress about having a chance anywhere. You're pretty much home free, unless you go streaking during your interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
thx for the nice words guys...an unrelated question: I still need to get my transcripts in. I live in Pensacola, FL and attended UF, UWF and PJC (the last 2 are in Pcola). Whats the easiest way for me to get my stuff to aadsas? Have them individually mailed to them? or have them mailed to me (I can pick up the local ones) and foward them myself in one package. DO they need to be secured in any way? thx
/returns to drinking and video games

I believe the transcripts must be sent directly by the school... I think the best way... or the easiest way is to fax all transcript request and pay with a credit card... I think most colleges allow you to do this... well at least the three schools I needed them from did...

drusier said:
thx for the nice words guys...an unrelated question: I still need to get my transcripts in. I live in Pensacola, FL and attended UF, UWF and PJC (the last 2 are in Pcola). Whats the easiest way for me to get my stuff to aadsas? Have them individually mailed to them? or have them mailed to me (I can pick up the local ones) and foward them myself in one package. DO they need to be secured in any way? thx
/returns to drinking and video games

ya just have the schools directly send the transcripts to the dental schools, call first to make sure... this is SO insanely better than having aadsas do it, since they are so amazingly incredibly freaking slow as a snail travelling from boston to san diego

drusier said:
Very good at CS.

haha...it sounds like you're talking about the computer game...i'm pretty good too!! :D

drusier said:
You guys think I have a shot at UF, NOVA of UM?

with your DAT of 20/20/20 and your gpa i think you have a shot at almost anywhere you want!! great job!!! :thumbup:

Nice numbers. . .I'll just start calling you Doctor now, haha.

-Brian

Well off topic...I live in pensacola; ground zero for Ivan. We just got power/water/phone back at my apt and my grandmothers atfer 7days (no cable/ internet). My parents house is completely destroyed. They lived on Pensacola Bay near the I10 bridge. The entire back side of the house facing the water is gone. Everything inside the right half of the house is gone. Everything in the left side of the house is ruined and covered with bay mud/sewage. We lost almost everything. We saved a few family pictures, clothing, and kitchen stuff (above waist level). My step dad lost a harley, a 67 corvette, a ford model T, a 1970 cadillic, and a 2003 toyota suv. Its the worst thing you could possible think of. The university if closed for 3 more weeks. Three public schools have to be totally bulldozed. Check out www.pensacolanewjournal.com. We live on scenic highway. I will be hosting my own pictures within a few days. The point this post is to say to those of you that say look how crappy my dat scores are, do u think i can make it it, quit worrying about bullsh(& and take care of business. There are still thousands of families out there that are worse than ours atm and take a moment to think about whats important.

Guys a question about the transcripts again: Pensacola was hit hard by Ivan and the university is closed until oct 5th. I still need my LOR from the board, my transcript from UWF and transcript from PJC (right down the street from UWF). To get everything in as quickly as possible can I:
Go to PJC and get 11 sealed copies of my transcript, go to UWF and get 11 sealed copies of my transcript, go to my advisor and get 11 sealed copies of my LOR; then place one of each in a folder and overnite them to the respective schools? Do the schools/advisor need to mail them individually (ie not have me mail them?) Can they be faxed? Thanks and good news I already have an interview at UF on Nov4th.
Also I applied to Baylor, now do I need to fill out the TMDSAS app and pay the$100 or will my AADSAS app be sufficient. Ill call them monday thx guys