Finishing last pre-req the semester before matriculation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pose

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know you don't have to have your pre-reqs finished before applying...but what if your last class isn't until the spring semester of 2014? Organic chemistry II isn't offered during the fall around here, so I'm forced to wait. I've noticed a few schools specify that they need to be complete by the end of the calendar year prior to matriculation. Anyone have experience with this?

Members don't see this ad.

It really depends on the school. Some will say on their website that all pre-reqs have to be completed the calendar year before enrollment but others just say they must be completed before enrollment. Just do some research on the schools you are applying to and go from there.

Okay, I did some research after my moment of panic. So far it seems Tufts, BU, UVM, and MCW are all fine with completing spring of 2014. I called Penn, as they have the end of this calendar year statement, and they said I should be okay as long as I explain it on my application. Georgetown says end of calendar year also...and I already paid. I'll call tomorrow I guess.

Wow I didn't even think of this. I applied to a few schools that require an additional English course and just planned on picking one up next semester if I end up interviewing there this semester...hopefully they are lenient