Finishing on time on Science section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ekam

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have started taking practice tests and I have noticed that I rush through a lot of problems and end up making stupid mistakes. Does anyone has any tips on how to be able to answer all questions within time limit avoiding dumb mistakes? I mean the way I would have more time to spend on calculations without feeling rushed.
Do you recommend skipping calculations first and answering conceptual questions first would help?

Members don't see this ad.

The more practice you do, the faster you will get at it. By the time you take your DAT, you should finish the entire section within an hour, giving you plenty of time to check your work and start prepping your page for the PAT section.

Right now I have done 4 practice tests for Bootcamp and three for DAT genius. I have 3 more to go. Do I need to buy more tests? or should I repeat the old tests again and again?

I am worried about my Gen Chem score for DAT. I make a lot of mistakes because I feel so rushed

I believe that BC separates each science section, so you're not actually doing three sections in 90 minutes. For the actual exam you have 90 minutes to do all three sections, so you can take like 12-15 minutes on bio, more time on genchem since there are calculations, and delegate whatever time is left for ochem.