1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Finishing second bacchelor's

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by asciorti32, Dec 23, 2008.

1. asciorti32

2+ Year Member

On my AADSAS transcript it says Im supposed to be graduating Spring '09 with a B.A. in biochem but I'm thinking about not finishing and getting a job. I have one interview so far. Will not finishing prevent me from getting into school? or will these grades be irrelevant since they won't see them untill may?

2. asciorti32

2+ Year Member

just to be clear this is my second bacchelor's im talking about. I have a B.S. in health science in '07

3. cobalt31

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    avoid the risk. call schools and ask if they would care. since you put it in your aadsas, school's have the right to hold it against you if you don't follow through.

4. DrReo

DrReo "Thread Necromancer"
    10+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    If you said you're going to do something, then do it.

However, if you want to back out of it, I think all schools should know because it isn't right to sell yourself with something you will not have.

5. DiNoZeRo2o9

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Out of curiosity, how does someone get a Bachelor of Arts, instead of a Bachelor's of Science in Biochemistry? I didn't know that was possible.

6. JamesOSU

JamesOSU Ohio State 2013
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I was wondering the same thing

7. asciorti32

2+ Year Member

The school I go to only has 1 semester of biochem and 1 semester of analytical.

8. crazy_sherm

crazy_sherm å♪▼æ╬‼▄·
    Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    It just depends on the school and how they design the curriculum. My undergrad didn't even offer a BS for physics, molecular bio, or math, only a BA. You could, however, get a BS in environmental policy.

9. DrReo

DrReo "Thread Necromancer"
    10+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    There are some schools, for instance, University of Minnesota, that requires a significant amount of work to earn a BS over a BA. Also, the BA is in the liberal arts college and BS is in the IT department. The BS is typically more rigorous.