asciorti32

10+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2008
Status
On my AADSAS transcript it says Im supposed to be graduating Spring '09 with a B.A. in biochem but I'm thinking about not finishing and getting a job. I have one interview so far. Will not finishing prevent me from getting into school? or will these grades be irrelevant since they won't see them untill may?

asciorti32

10+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2008
Status
just to be clear this is my second bacchelor's im talking about. I have a B.S. in health science in '07

cobalt31

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2006
MI
Status
Dentist
avoid the risk. call schools and ask if they would care. since you put it in your aadsas, school's have the right to hold it against you if you don't follow through.

About the Ads

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status
Academic Administration
If you said you're going to do something, then do it.

However, if you want to back out of it, I think all schools should know because it isn't right to sell yourself with something you will not have.

DiNoZeRo2o9

10+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2008
Stockton, CA
Status
Dental Student
Out of curiosity, how does someone get a Bachelor of Arts, instead of a Bachelor's of Science in Biochemistry? I didn't know that was possible.

crazy_sherm

å♪▼æ╬‼▄·
10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
San Francisco
Status
Dentist
Out of curiosity, how does someone get a Bachelor of Arts, instead of a Bachelor's of Science in Biochemistry? I didn't know that was possible.
It just depends on the school and how they design the curriculum. My undergrad didn't even offer a BS for physics, molecular bio, or math, only a BA. You could, however, get a BS in environmental policy.

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status
Academic Administration
There are some schools, for instance, University of Minnesota, that requires a significant amount of work to earn a BS over a BA. Also, the BA is in the liberal arts college and BS is in the IT department. The BS is typically more rigorous.

About the Ads