Finishing up ERAS and odds of matching unique situation?

Sm90

Jun 13, 2020
    Mid tier allopathic MD
    Step 1: <212
    Step 2 (took July to try and overcome low step 1) : 255+
    Third year: HP plus P during Covid times
    Couple of case reports and posters and a journal article
    Decent volunteering and leadership
    3 solid radiology letters

I know the odds are pretty low because of my crappy Step 1 but any advice would be appreciated.

Pinocytosis

5+ Year Member
    Feb 24, 2015
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      Currently an MS4 so I can't really comment on your chances. But I did just want to congratulate you on that Step 2 score. That's a hell of jump.

(I do think you have a chance given US-MD + Step 2; you'll definitely need to apply broadly, though.)

piii

7+ Year Member
      May 21, 2013
      1. Medical Student
        apply super broadly, but according to the NRMP interactive data based on the last 4-5 application seasons and MD students with your step stats, you have almost 100% chance of matching. Just apply to like every DR program.

Reactions: 1 user
        About the Ads

Sm90

Jun 13, 2020
          Currently an MS4 so I can't really comment on your chances. But I did just want to congratulate you on that Step 2 score. That's a hell of jump.

(I do think you have a chance given US-MD + Step 2; you'll definitely need to apply broadly, though.)

Thanks man, I scored way lower than my practice tests for Step 1 on my actual test and definitely felt the heat for Step 2. Good luck to you this cycle as well!

Sm90

Jun 13, 2020
            apply super broadly, but according to the NRMP interactive data based on the last 4-5 application seasons and MD students with your step stats, you have almost 100% chance of matching. Just apply to like every DR program.

Where is the interactive data? I just read the nrmp match data but that wasn't interactive. Thanks

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.