Finishing up ERAS and odds of matching unique situation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sm90

Reaction score
Mid tier allopathic MD
Step 1: <212
Step 2 (took July to try and overcome low step 1) : 255+
Third year: HP plus P during Covid times
Couple of case reports and posters and a journal article
Decent volunteering and leadership
3 solid radiology letters

I know the odds are pretty low because of my crappy Step 1 but any advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Currently an MS4 so I can't really comment on your chances. But I did just want to congratulate you on that Step 2 score. That's a hell of jump.

(I do think you have a chance given US-MD + Step 2; you'll definitely need to apply broadly, though.)

apply super broadly, but according to the NRMP interactive data based on the last 4-5 application seasons and MD students with your step stats, you have almost 100% chance of matching. Just apply to like every DR program.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Currently an MS4 so I can't really comment on your chances. But I did just want to congratulate you on that Step 2 score. That's a hell of jump.

(I do think you have a chance given US-MD + Step 2; you'll definitely need to apply broadly, though.)

Thanks man, I scored way lower than my practice tests for Step 1 on my actual test and definitely felt the heat for Step 2. Good luck to you this cycle as well!

apply super broadly, but according to the NRMP interactive data based on the last 4-5 application seasons and MD students with your step stats, you have almost 100% chance of matching. Just apply to like every DR program.

Where is the interactive data? I just read the nrmp match data but that wasn't interactive. Thanks