Finishing up Physics Pre-req during Summer, After applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RemainPositive

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Another question that seemed to be asked a lot on the Pre-Med board but no so much here. Is it okay for Pre-dents to take Pre-req like Physics over the Summer (like this won't be frowned upon by the admission), and in my case, I will likely have to take it two months after I apply in 2018 due to a schedueling conflict.

Sincerely and Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It is preferred that pre-reqs are taken at 4 year institutions (I'm assuming when you say you're taking the class over the summer, it's at a community college). With that being said, I doubt that one summer class would be frowned upon.

Reactions: 1 user
It is preferred that pre-reqs are taken at 4 year institutions (I'm assuming when you say you're taking the class over the summer, it's at a community college). With that being said, I doubt that one summer class would be frowned upon.
Hello Pablo, I will be completeting the course in my current state school, however, with this one included, that means I will have completed 2 courses of my prereq during the Summer, both at my current school, is that okay?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Pablo, I will be completeting the course in my current state school, however, with this one included, that means I will have completed 2 courses of my prereq during the Summer, both at my current school, is that okay?
If they're at your current school then yeah that's fine. It doesn't matter if you take classes during the fall/spring/summer.

Does matter. 4 units is 4 units (or 5 or 6). It shows up on the transcript all the same no matter when you took it

Does matter. 4 units is 4 units (or 5 or 6). It shows up on the transcript all the same no matter when you took it
Thank you for your response. By does matter, do you mean taking summer courses after submitting the app will have negative impact on the an application?