Firecracker for MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sliceofbread136

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious, has anyone tried this? It seems like it would lead to some pretty beast MCAT scores.

Members don't see this ad.

I've wondered about this as well. Seems like there's not enough to memorize for the MCAT to make it worth it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you using it? If so, tell us why you like it. If not, then why do you think it "would lead to some pretty beast MCAT scores"?

I've wondered about this as well. Seems like there's not enough to memorize for the MCAT to make it worth it.

True, but if you did it for 3 years you would know that information super well. Who knows how much that would actually help you though.

Yup, that's the one.

Are you using it? If so, tell us why you like it. If not, then why do you think it "would lead to some pretty beast MCAT scores"?

I use it for med school, and it's great for keeping up with all the material.

I'm not sure how great it would be for the MCAT, hence the thread.

I played around withit a little when I was studying. If your studying for greater than 3 months and/or doing it along with classes than I would say it has some value. If you're just doing it with 2-3 months of prep though (what most people do) its not really worth it (I needed to flag like crazy the 2ish months I used it). That being said, Its an awfully big financial investment if your doing it long term, when their are cheaper/higher yield alternatives. The mcat really isn't a big knowledge test, so passages are probably more effective than a long term retention tool like firecracker.

Though, if I had the money to splurge, I would have been tempted... use the trial and see if you like it.