Technology Firefox 2

Started by Apollyon
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Apollyon

Screw the GST
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm using Firefox 1.5 right now, and Firefox 2 just came out - but, when I use the "check for updates" function, it doesn't find any. That makes me think there's some big updates. Anyone have any advice/experience/information on this, before I go about making the switch?
 
Firefox 2 sucks dont dl it. I dled it and it sucks so now im using opera.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just downloaded Firefox 2.0 (I had to go to their web site to get it, as my copy of 1.5 wouldn't automatically update, either). So far, no problems. It seems slightly faster, and I like the fact that new links open automatically in tabs now. According to what I've read on some of the message boards, most users who had problems initially resolved them simply by reinstalling. If you're having a lot of crashes, you might try that.
 
In contrast, IE7 blows major goats. If people think IE6 was bad, that's nothing compared to the craptastic nature of IE7.
 
I just downloaded Firefox 2.0 (I had to go to their web site to get it, as my copy of 1.5 wouldn't automatically update, either). So far, no problems. It seems slightly faster, and I like the fact that new links open automatically in tabs now. According to what I've read on some of the message boards, most users who had problems initially resolved them simply by reinstalling. If you're having a lot of crashes, you might try that.

you could have done that with the older versions, but it required an extension.
 
I just downloaded Firefox 2.0 (I had to go to their web site to get it, as my copy of 1.5 wouldn't automatically update, either). So far, no problems. It seems slightly faster, and I like the fact that new links open automatically in tabs now. According to what I've read on some of the message boards, most users who had problems initially resolved them simply by reinstalling. If you're having a lot of crashes, you might try that.

Lately, Firefox has been acting up for me. Hopefully a simple reinstall will do the trick.


*crosses fingers*
 
When I switched from 1.5 to 2.0, I noticed a huge improvement regarding loading times/overall browsing. Unfortunately for the past week or so, I've been forced to restart my computer due to random freezes. Apparently this is a problem with a lot of people using FF2. 😡
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad