Technology Firefox

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

flighterdoc

Rocket Scientist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Argh...

OK, I installed the release version of Firefox, and now when I try to open an acrobat file it says "this object is blocked".


I had this problem with the preview release also, and can't remember what fixed it. In tools/options it has .pdf files associated with acrobat, the way it should be.

Anyone know the fix?

Thanks 👍
 
flighterdoc said:
Argh...

OK, I installed the release version of Firefox, and now when I try to open an acrobat file it says "this object is blocked".


I had this problem with the preview release also, and can't remember what fixed it. In tools/options it has .pdf files associated with acrobat, the way it should be.

Anyone know the fix?

Thanks 👍

Do you have a firewall installed? Because mine does that when I have ZoneAlarm running and the "Mobile Code Control" turned on. Solution: Turn off MCC or ZA.
 
EMT036 said:
Do you have a firewall installed? Because mine does that when I have ZoneAlarm running and the "Mobile Code Control" turned on. Solution: Turn off MCC or ZA.

Tried that (I have Zone Alarm) and it didn't help. Plus, it was working with the preview.

But thanks,