First 2 years of Pharmacy School question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smileyman22336

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are the first 2 years of pharmacy school considered undergrad courses?

If after pharmacy school I apply to a program which considers undergrad are they going to consider the first two years of pharmacy school as undergrad, or are all four years considered graduate school?

Members don't see this ad.

Are the first 2 years of pharmacy school considered undergrad courses?

If after pharmacy school I apply to a program which considers undergrad are they going to consider the first two years of pharmacy school as undergrad, or are all four years considered graduate school?

What kind of programs are you applying to?

Best bet is to contact the programs directly, at least a few of them, to ask if they're interested in professional school grades.

What kind of programs are you applying to?

Best bet is to contact the programs directly, at least a few of them, to ask if they're interested in professional school grades.

Another health professional degree. I've heard they sometimes consider the first two years of pharmacy to be undergrad gpa. I'm curious if they do that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Another health professional degree. I've heard they sometimes consider the first two years of pharmacy to be undergrad gpa. I'm curious if they do that.

It depends on the school. At my school, the first two years of pharmacy school are considered undergraduates UNLESS you already got a bachelor's degree before getting in. If you got in only after 2 years of pre-pharmacy, then P1-P2 years will be considered undergraduate and you quality for Pell Grants.

btw, this should go under pre-pharmacy and not pharmacy school specific section.

It depends on the school. At my school, the first two years of pharmacy school are considered undergraduates UNLESS you already got a bachelor's degree before getting in. If you got in only after 2 years of pre-pharmacy, then P1-P2 years will be considered undergraduate and you quality for Pell Grants.

btw, this should go under pre-pharmacy and not pharmacy school specific section.

So if I got into a pharm D program at a University and only had an associates degree in science at the time, it means they more than likely will consider my P1 and P2 years to be undergrad coursework. How do I verify this though with the pharmacy school to make sure? Or should I verify with the other professional health program school I am planning on attending. Is it the pharmacy school who determines this or is it how the other programs consider it when taking into account g.p.a?

Thanks for your response.