305 Gunner

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
last night I received a big white envelope from nova with the acceptance letter...anyone else??? anyone hoping to hear from nova or nova as top choice???

ZenoVT

Power Ranger
10+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Woowow congrats!

Plopper

"This too will pass"
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 30, 2008
Status
Dental Student
thanks guys!!!!
Congrats

If you don't mind my asking what does you aadsas say? Did it go blank or did it update to offer accepted?
Thanks and congrats

P.s is this your number 1

OP

305 Gunner

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
blank = acceptance...all of my friends that got the letter have it blank....

A8

10+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2007
Status
Dental Student
last night I received a big white envelope from nova with the acceptance letter...anyone else??? anyone hoping to hear from nova or nova as top choice???
Congrats! Now you can enjoy holidays!

dennisDDS

10+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Congrats!!

I wish that was me, this would be the best thanksgiving ever!!!

REH

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2006
Status
Dental Student
Wow, congrats man!!! Go and celebrate. You deserve it.

IWantH2O

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Congratulations.....just wondering though, does anyone know how many acceptances Nova gives out on Dec 1 because i have an interview in january and want to know how many seats will still be open by then.

Plopper

"This too will pass"
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 30, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Wow you just made my thanksgiving, mine went blank too

Thanks 305gunner

mddang

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2007
Houston, TX
Status
Pre-Dental
YOU LUCKY SON OF A..!!

Congratulations!

I'm trying to sit still waiting for Dec. 1st to come around..

OP

305 Gunner

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
i just want monday already....i want to know from all the schools....!!!!!

DiNoZeRo2o9

10+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2008
Stockton, CA
Status
Dental Student
Congratulations.....just wondering though, does anyone know how many acceptances Nova gives out on Dec 1 because i have an interview in january and want to know how many seats will still be open by then.
Most schools will give out however seats they have. So for example, if NOVA has 100 seats, Dec 1st 100 will go out. By Jan 15th, they can tell you how many seats they have left over. Keep in mind no school, not even Harvard has a 100% acceptance/accepted ratio.

kkikkokka

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
Congratulations!!! awww how nice!! you must be having an awesome thanksgiving :D
mine went blank too...hopefully that's a good sign for me toooo...!!!! crossing my fingers! :xf:

kkikkokka

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
Did anybody else get the letter ???????????????
i wanna go check my mailbox, but i decided not to...don't wanna destroy my happy thanksgiving...maybe i should just take a little nap to calm down myself..........sigh....:laugh::):D:cool::luck:

OP

305 Gunner

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
i think is a south florida thing....the envelope says it went out the 26... since we are so close...it got here the same day...

cobalt31

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2006
MI
Status
Dentist
awesome!! i hope other schools mailed out wednesday too! Maybe the rest of us will get something on Friday or Saturday!

pasionatdentist

10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
Congratulation to everyone who got accepted!!!! I wish you guys best of :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::luck:, and dont forget to keep us in your prayer as well!!!

kkikkokka

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
i think is a south florida thing....the envelope says it went out the 26... since we are so close...it got here the same day...
oh i see...wow then no way the thing would be in my mailbox...haha hopefully i would be able to find some good stuffs in my mailbox coming monday :D
do any of you know how long it takes for the letter to come to tx???

mamelons

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2008
Status
Dentist
oh i see...wow then no way the thing would be in my mailbox...haha hopefully i would be able to find some good stuffs in my mailbox coming monday :D
do any of you know how long it takes for the letter to come to tx???
I am from Texas. When I interviewed 2 years ago the letter was postmarked around the 24th or 25th, and I received it on the 30th... they left a note in my mailbox to come sign for it at the post office... they sent it that way... I don't know if they did that because I lived out of state or because I lived in an apt... either way, you might hear good news on Saturday, but more likely Monday or Tuesday since Thanksgiving is right before December 1st this year, and mail doesn't go out on Sunday either. Oh yeah... and my status never changed to accepted on AADSAS. Good luck!

kkikkokka

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
I am from Texas. When I interviewed 2 years ago the letter was postmarked around the 24th or 25th, and I received it on the 30th... they left a note in my mailbox to come sign for it at the post office... they sent it that way... I don't know if they did that because I lived out of state or because I lived in an apt... either way, you might hear good news on Saturday, but more likely Monday or Tuesday since Thanksgiving is right before December 1st this year, and mail doesn't go out on Sunday either. Oh yeah... and my status never changed to accepted on AADSAS. Good luck!

Mamona

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
Big Congratulations!!!!:luck:

Optimism Smiles

DAT drains my ATP
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
Mine is blank!!!! It was bad because I was driving home yesterday and my stupid friend texted me and was like "Did you hear from Nova? My other friend got accepted and his said 'offer accepted'." and I was so bummed when I got home after 7 hours and mine was blank...

Predentknight

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Mine is blank!!!! It was bad because I was driving home yesterday and my stupid friend texted me and was like "Did you hear from Nova? My other friend got accepted and his said 'offer accepted'." and I was so bummed when I got home after 7 hours and mine was blank...

So you do know someone who received an acceptance letter with the "offer accepted" status. I am so confused....

Optimism Smiles

DAT drains my ATP
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
So you do know someone who received an acceptance letter with the "offer accepted" status. I am so confused....
No, this person never got an actual acceptance letter to my knowledge. He took the "offer accepted" status on aadsas to mean that he got accepted. I was just disappointed because mine went blank and I was waiting the entire trip home to check a blank status!

Congrats 305 Gunner I'm so happy for you!! :)

OP

305 Gunner

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
yea i have two friends that did not receive the actual letter but have "offer acceped" on their status...They are kinda friking out cuz it could be an error... but lets pray and hope for the best.... Gluck everybody!!!!!!!!

DentGuy

10+ Year Member
May 29, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
yay! Congrats :thumbup: I guess we're gona start getting acceptance threads! Can't wait to get mine :love:

ROSE1010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Congrats!

And I checked my status on AADSAS and it says:

School X: What were you thinking?
School Y: Good luck next year!
School Z: How dare you even think of applying to our school!
My back-up school: Offer made to work in several janitorial positions at our dental school!

I will update my status once I receive more news!

pasionatdentist

10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
Congrats!

And I checked my status on AADSAS and it says:

School X: What were you thinking?
School Y: Good luck next year!
School Z: How dare you even think of applying to our school!
My back-up school: Offer made to work in several janitorial positions at our dental school!

I will update my status once I receive more news!
that is funny!!!! good luck

bjhath

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2007
Bay Area
Status
Dentist
Congrats!!

ou_jay

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2005
Oklahoma
Status
Dentist
Congratulations. That seems a bit naughty of NOVA to be sending letters pre 12/1.

Nevertheless, good luck in dental school. It will be a long and tough but you will learn a lot and make many close friends. Good luck.

paul510psu

10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2008
www.facebook.com
Status
Dental Student
Hey congrats! I got my acceptance letter from the university of pittsburgh today in the mail. I Was so excited! Good luck to everybody with acceptances!

cypressballa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 9, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
Just got a Acceptance Letter too! Yay! California.
My aadsas status is Invited for Interviw.

Predentknight

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Has anyone else recieved an acceptance letter and had something different than a blank on their aadsas status?

cubankid86

10+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I got into Nova on the 26th!!! most likely i will be attending since i live 10 minutes away..unless i get accepted into UF.