First Aid 2008 Errata

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MadameLULU

Saucy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I figure we should go ahead and get a running list of errors going.

p.91 It says that the rate limiting enzyme for de novo pyrimidine synthesis is Aspartate transcarbamylase. RR Biochem and I think newer studies say that CPS II is the rate limiting enzyme.

P. 91 Fructose 1, 6 bisphosphatase is the rate limiting enzyme for gluconeogenesis, not pyruvate carboxylase

Members don't see this ad.

p 199 --

In the classic/lectin pathway of the complement system diagram, First Aid gives the incorrect components for the C3 and C5 convertases.

It should be corrected to:
C3 convertase = C4b,2b.
C5 convertase = C4b,2b,3b.

The source of the diagram (Levinson, 2004) does not make this mistake.

It's not necessarily a mistake. There is some debate as to whether 2a or 2b is the correct component. The 2007 version wrote it as you suggested above, but it seems someone suggested it the other way for 2008.

p 435 - Mannitol

Isn't Mannitol used in decreasing IOP and ICP. I guess it's not really an error, but just a clarification.

Also, the new errata list hasn't been updated yet. They were supposed to come out with it 2 days ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I apologize if this has already been pointed out):

Page 381: Visual Field Defects cut #6 should be through BOTH the dorsal optic radiations AND Meyer's loop because the defect is in a posterior cerebral artery infarct at the occipital lobe.