Step I First aid and Q-bank ONLY?

Started by styphon
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

styphon

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have not prepared any schedule yet, and my friend is really pushing me to do ONLY First aid and Qbank+USMLErx, which she got a 260 by doing it for 3 weeks. I have close to 7 weeks. Should I follow this path? If I fill in FA with facts from the questions, will I have gaps in my knowledge besides really low yield facts I would forget anyways? I'd like to add that I have also read the previous threads that pertain to this, but still wanted to ask the current members.
 
I have not prepared any schedule yet, and my friend is really pushing me to do ONLY First aid and Qbank+USMLErx, which she got a 260 by doing it for 3 weeks. I have close to 7 weeks. Should I follow this path? If I fill in FA with facts from the questions, will I have gaps in my knowledge besides really low yield facts I would forget anyways? I'd like to add that I have also read the previous threads that pertain to this, but still wanted to ask the current members.

How good a student are you? How well did you learn the material?

Personally I think QBank is too nitpicky, and USMLErx does not have the best reputation. USMLE World I like, it is more similar to the practice NBME I have seen.

I wouldn't recommend it, but I think someone who was a good student could break 240 with First Aid and a Pathology review book along with a question bank.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't do this. At a minimum, include USMLE World and cover BRS physiology and BRS pathology. Depending on your strengths and weaknesses, also consider including RR biochemistry, Micro Made Ridiculously Simple, and HY Neuroanatomy. 7 weeks is plenty to cover all this.