First aid and Q-bank ONLY?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

styphon

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have not prepared any schedule yet, and my friend is really pushing me to do ONLY First aid and Qbank+USMLErx, which she got a 260 by doing it for 3 weeks. I have close to 7 weeks. Should I follow this path? If I fill in FA with facts from the questions, will I have gaps in my knowledge besides really low yield facts I would forget anyways? I'd like to add that I have also read the previous threads that pertain to this, but still wanted to ask the current members.

Members don't see this ad.

I have not prepared any schedule yet, and my friend is really pushing me to do ONLY First aid and Qbank+USMLErx, which she got a 260 by doing it for 3 weeks. I have close to 7 weeks. Should I follow this path? If I fill in FA with facts from the questions, will I have gaps in my knowledge besides really low yield facts I would forget anyways? I'd like to add that I have also read the previous threads that pertain to this, but still wanted to ask the current members.

How good a student are you? How well did you learn the material?

Personally I think QBank is too nitpicky, and USMLErx does not have the best reputation. USMLE World I like, it is more similar to the practice NBME I have seen.

I wouldn't recommend it, but I think someone who was a good student could break 240 with First Aid and a Pathology review book along with a question bank.

i'd do FA, qbank first and then usmleworld. finish up w/ NBME practice items.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't do this. At a minimum, include USMLE World and cover BRS physiology and BRS pathology. Depending on your strengths and weaknesses, also consider including RR biochemistry, Micro Made Ridiculously Simple, and HY Neuroanatomy. 7 weeks is plenty to cover all this.