First aid CS 2006?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

streetdoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking around my barnes and nobles and see a NEW first aid for CS put out in 2006 i believe. I just bought a first aid CS put out in 2004!! so, 2 questions
1-the 2006 is a good bit thicker, but does anyone know what is the big difference?

2-how can i find out when new editions of first aid series are coming out. I was going to buy the first aid emergency med, but it was made in 2002...when's the new edition coming?

thanks guys,
streetdoc

Members don't see this ad.

I took CS last year and I used the First Aid that was available at the time. The only useful part of the book (for me) was when they explained the set up of the test and the scoring system. Make sure you look that over. You can flip through the first couple pages of the new edition and see if there are any major changes, but the CONTENT should not be new.
The scoring system is important, it basically shows a checklist of H and P maneuvers. Know what's on that checklist and knock them off in your mind. Remember the SP's aren't medically trained, they know their scenario and dont have a whole lot of leeway in answers. They know essentially what you're asking and what you're examining and that's all that matters.
For example, don't forget to wash your hands! It counts as much as auscultating the heart!

i was going to buy the FA step 2 CS..........but I can't find the new edition online anywhere.........even B&N says pre-order for july 15, 2006.........is there someplace that is actually selling...........I figure if I'm buying it may as buy the latest one....

SunnyS81 said:
i was going to buy the FA step 2 CS..........but I can't find the new edition online anywhere.........even B&N says pre-order for july 15, 2006.........is there someplace that is actually selling...........I figure if I'm buying it may as buy the latest one....

It was on the shelf at my local B and N...
thanks for the advice guys,
streetdoc

Members don't see this ad :)
i just took this lame test yesterday. it's such a worthless exam. you do not need to study at all. it's very easy.

the only thing i recommend is to go over the layout of the exam and to do lame tests that you never do in practice (i.e. tactile fremitus for a lung exam)

hi. I have a question. You know how they say you can check if you passed CS by trying to reapply for it and that if it doesnt allow you that means you passed? I took mine Feb 18 and my application expired on March 6. I tried to reapply today and it allowed me to, does that mean I failed? they said that it usually takes 8-10 weeks to get the result and its only been a month for me. Can someone shed some light? I just want to know so I can apply right away for it if I did fail...( I hope I didnt)