First Aid editions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kjaredhess

VCOM 2009
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a copy of FA 2005, which was given to me. Is there a big enough difference between editions for me to buy FA 2007? Or can I get by with the edition that I have?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a copy of FA 2005, which was given to me. Is there a big enough difference between editions for me to buy FA 2007? Or can I get by with the edition that I have?

You probably don't want to be more than one edition behind. Somebody is bound to have a 2006 edition they would part with cheap now that 2007 is out. Shop around.

is 2005 edition still subject based ?

i need something i can follow along with class to annotate which is why i'm looking for subject based FIRST AID.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is probably just studying neurosis on my part, but has anyone compared FA 2006 to 2007 and found 2007 a better choice? I'm using FA 2006, but will by 2007 if someone I should listen to says to (probably because I'm so weak like that :rolleyes: ).

I have both and have not seen any new information yet in the 2007 edition. The 2007 is just organized differently. Granted, I have not memorized FA.

This is probably just studying neurosis on my part, but has anyone compared FA 2006 to 2007 and found 2007 a better choice? I'm using FA 2006, but will by 2007 if someone I should listen to says to (probably because I'm so weak like that :rolleyes: ).

I have both 2006 and 2007. I am using 2006 because I started out using it, but I wish I used 2007. I take step 1 early so it is too late for me. They made lots of fixes, but there are still errors in 2007. Overall, 2007 is better because they also included lots of new stuff. I had to photocopy a bunch of stuff from 2007 and stick them in 2006.

I have until June to take step 1. Maybe I should replace my 2006 with a 2007 then? I've noticed in making a full read through it lacks several things and that kinda scares me (Rickettsiae? Ehrlichia? Where's the organ embryology of the kidneys at?).

I've noticed others with 2007 and it seems noticeably thicker. What's another $40 right?

well, i haven't really looked thru 2007, but my friend did say she saw some errors there that weren't in 2006. but i suppose the reverse is probably true too, i.e. you'll have errors in any edition.

i like the organization of 2007 better, BUT i wouldn't part with my 2006 for anything b/c of the amount of extra space it seems to have. my friend's copy is so full of post-its b/c it doesn't have a lot of extra writing room.