First Aid new version

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoBroncos!

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
when does the next version of first aid come out? im trying to figure out if i should wait to buy it or not for ms II year thanks

Members don't see this ad.

when does the next version of first aid come out? im trying to figure out if i should wait to buy it or not for ms II year thanks

The new edition should be out in December.

I think the best way to go is to buy an old edition off someone for cheap(or free!) to use for the year and then if you want to start fresh for the boards buy the new edition. That's what I did.

Agreed. Get it early and annotate away. I don't think the different editions are that huge anyway.

You could get a 5 year old First Aid, and it'd be the same.
Same errors too.

Buying new board review books is extortion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Although much of the material remained the same, First Aid underwent a major format revision between 2005 and 2006. The chapters in the editions prior to 2006 were primarily divided by SUBJECTS, whereas the 2006 and 2007 versions were organized almost exclusively by SYSTEMS. The 2006 and 2007 editions are very similar to each other and are more integrated than the older editions.