First Aid pg 103 error?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

betz

Layer V
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
About herniation syndromes, they have a pic of the uncus above the insula? Is it just me or is this totally wrong. It should be right above the tentorium right? Page 25 HY?

Members don't see this ad.

Also, on the same neuroscience note. pg 247 when it talks about intracranial hemorrages, it states that epidurals do not cross suture lines, but subdurals do. Am I reading this wrong, or is this the opposite? Could someone explain? Thanks again.......

betz said:
Also, on the same neuroscience note. pg 247 when it talks about intracranial hemorrages, it states that epidurals do not cross suture lines, but subdurals do. Am I reading this wrong, or is this the opposite? Could someone explain? Thanks again.......

This part is right. Epidural hematomae typically do not cross suture lines, because they are between the dura and the skull, and the dura is strongly adherent to the skull, leaving less room for spread. Subdurals have no such restrictions.

Idiopathic said:
This part is right. Epidural hematomae typically do not cross suture lines, because they are between the dura and the skull, and the dura is strongly adherent to the skull, leaving less room for spread. Subdurals have no such restrictions.

Thanks for clearing that up. I think I read suture = dural. :) Any rate, that makes sense.