First Aid Review Idea

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njshibby

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was trying to think of an idea of how to review info in first aid that doesn't stick...I was thinking of typing one page of high yield notes or things i don't remember for every ten pages of first aid. then when it comes down to crunch using those to guide my first aid review. Anyone try this? Waste of time?

Members don't see this ad.

So I was trying to think of an idea of how to review info in first aid that doesn't stick...I was thinking of typing one page of high yield notes or things i don't remember for every ten pages of first aid. then when it comes down to crunch using those to guide my first aid review. Anyone try this? Waste of time?

I put a big fat star next to things I can't frickin' remember so that if/when I have time, I can go back and really make sure that I hit those concepts because I know that i can't remember them. I also put stars next to things that I think are really high yield, like diseases that keep coming up over and over and over again on UWorld.

I'm a tactile learner, so I've been doing something similar. I may not even have time to go back and review them, but I keep telling myself that by doing the actual writing, I'm helping myself.

Verdict's still out on whether its actually helping, though.

I made a lot of notes from FA. It's almost all just crude tables/columns of info to memorize. It took a lot of time but there was no way I was going to be able to memorize some of that stuff just by reading it. FA just crams so much into one little paragraph that I had to basically "reformat" it to get the most out of it.

Also, just the process of making these tables caused me to really read FA and notice about a billion things I would have missed.