First Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

streetdoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know if first aid (the path section) is good enough for the shelf? Exam is tomorrow and i'm just running out of time (procrastinating by posting , i guess).
thanks!
streetdoc

Members don't see this ad.

Well, your exam is tomorrow, so I guess that would be about the best you can do on such short notice. BRS/Goljan STARS are much better, but there is no way to get through either of them in such a short time.

will it hit the reaaly high points enough? i listened to goljan and read his notes once, but i has not having things "cement". if that makes sense.
thanks for the post ..strressing a bit here
streetdoc

streetdoc said:
will it hit the reaaly high points enough? i listened to goljan and read his notes once, but i has not having things "cement". if that makes sense.
thanks for the post ..strressing a bit here
streetdoc
In case anyone cares...
i'd say FA was very helpful for the shelf...some things word for word.
I'm tired, but i made it thru the path section twice in less than 15 hrs...we'll see how it turns out.
The most helpful thing seemed to be a good understanding of the past 9 months...i hate it when the profs are sooo right!
streetdoc

Members don't see this ad :)
streetdoc said:
anyone know if first aid (the path section) is good enough for the shelf? Exam is tomorrow and i'm just running out of time (procrastinating by posting , i guess).
thanks!
streetdoc

First Aid hit most of the highlights of the exam. Honestly, I'd pull out my MMRS though because that exam is mostly micro and immuno! Ouch.

Pox in a box said:
First Aid hit most of the highlights of the exam. Honestly, I'd pull out my MMRS though because that exam is mostly micro and immuno! Ouch.

MMRS? what does that stand for?

streetdoc said:
MMRS? what does that stand for?

Seriously, read the chapter in Robbins on immunopathology. Know every type of bacterial infection remotely related to pathology cold. Also try to get a good grasp on immunology if you can before your exam. Good luck!