First batch, No interview yet??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

celina08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody from the 1st batch and completed their files haven't receive any interview from schools? Start to get nervous...:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I haven't yet. My new DAT scores also haven't been received...so that is understandable in my case. Good luck and be patient :)

Members don't see this ad :)
You should only be worried if you applied to schools that have already given out interviews.

my stats aren't that great that's why i'm so nervous...gpa 3.2, 22 TS, 21 AA

now i'm worried too.....my stats are close to yours.......my gpa is 3.3 and dat is 23TS/ 22AA/ 25PAT and I haven't gotten any interviews yet......i'm fourth batch though

now i'm worried too.....my stats are close to yours.......my gpa is 3.3 and dat is 23TS/ 22AA/ 25PAT and I haven't gotten any interviews yet......i'm fourth batch though

Relax I think they havent reviewed your file as of yet, since you are in 4rth batch and have good scores. I am also from the same batch so just hang on there and hopefully we will hear soon.

Relax I think they havent reviewed your file as of yet, since you are in 4rth batch and have good scores. I am also from the same batch so just hang on there and hopefully we will hear soon.
you're right, thanks.....out of my control at this point ......good luck to you too

no interviews here either...1st batch. 3.4 gpa/3.3 sgpa 21AA

You should only be worried if you applied to schools that have already given out interviews.

This.

Some schools start later than others. Being in the 1st batch doesn't mean anything if the school you applied to hasn't started their review process at all.

This.

Some schools start later than others. Being in the 1st batch doesn't mean anything if the school you applied to hasn't started their review process at all.

Yeah, but if they haven't started reviewing they still do it in order they are received.

I applied to NYU and I know they had send out invitations...

I heard that many schools send early interview invites to the best applicants and as the cycle rolls along, they draw deeper into the applicant pool.

There's only a few schools where not having an early interview invite when your application is complete is the kiss of death (Nova is one I think).

The cycle is still young. Don't worry and do something you enjoy to pass the time.

I heard that many schools send early interview invites to the best applicants and as the cycle rolls along, they draw deeper into the applicant pool.

There's only a few schools where not having an early interview invite when your application is complete is the kiss of death (Nova is one I think).

The cycle is still young. Don't worry and do something you enjoy to pass the time.

Correct!!

i thought that since they are already sending out invitations for 3rd or 4th batch that means 1st and 2nd batch are done...good to know that there's early inverview!

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking was happening too. I think everyone needs to read this. Let's not freak out yet...it's only been about one week since a few schools (excluding case) have begun sending out interview invites. After the schools interview the "best" applicants, then they will take a look at us. We may not be the prettiest girls to ask to prom, but surely dental adcom's will drink too much and give us pity sex behind the school gym bleachers...

Just an FYI Harvard sent out emails today and UCSF still hasn't even sent out emails about "app received" while the TX schools have already handed out interviews. Just relax and see what happens. If you don't hear anything by Sept/Oct, then you have reason to worry. Till then you just have to be patient! Even if we are, as the fellow above me said, "not the prettiest" we'll get our turn soon enough.

There's a "When will we know?" Thread that supports the idea that schools draw into their applicant pool:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=936638

For the dental students that responded, the bulk of interview invites seem to be in August, but others came later; even post-Dec 1st.

We're freaking out because predents.com is down. If it were up, we could see when schools give their interview invites. :p

I was a 2nd batch appliciant, and have been invited for an interview at NYU and NOVA so far. But these may also be schools that draw in a crapload of students for interviews so who knows what any of this speculating will do for us.

I was a 2nd batch appliciant, and have been invited for an interview at NYU and NOVA so far. But these may also be schools that draw in a crapload of students for interviews so who knows what any of this speculating will do for us.

Do you mind sharing your GPA? Are you from florida?