first choice school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supersash

so what's an epitope?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
here's a question for you all applying this cycle (i'm not applying until june 2006).

if things go right and you are accepted everywhere, what is your first choice school, and why?

i'm just curious to hear where and why everyone wants to go!

(if you couldn't already tell, i am procrastinating BIG time today :laugh: )

Members don't see this ad.

Good question. I applied to four DO schools (and a host of MD schools): DMU, AZCOM, CCOM, and OSU-COM. At this point I have interviewed at 2: AZ and CCOM. I liked AZCOM much better just from the feel of it, the student body I met, the facilities, and the area (much closer to home). I haven't heard back from CCOM as far as a decisision, but I am not likely to go there, even if I do get in. I now have interviews left with DMU and OSU-COM. I am more interested in OSU-COM than DMU due to the smaller class size, higher avg GPA/MCAT, super high pass rate, and national prestige (US News rankings, etc.).

So basically AZCOM or OSU-COM because they have super high pass rates (both COMLEX and USMLE) and good match lists. I would say I like AZCOM's location and facilities better (keep in mind, haven't been to OSU yet), but I love OSU's curriculum, high avg GPA/MCAT, perfect pass rate on both USMLE and COMLEX, and really small class size. I like that it is a very competitive school to get in (especially out of state), and feel honored to have been granted an interview. I am really looking forward to it. AZ's rotation situation worries me a little. So it is absolutely a toss up. I am, however, really glad to be in at AZCOM (just sent in the 12/15 deposit to secure my space until after the OSU/DMU interviews).

As far as MD schools, I had an interview at Rosalind Franklin and loved it. Great rotations, absolutely outrageous match list (basically on par with Northwestern, Rush, Pritzker, Loyola, etc.), awesome facilities, etc. I don't know if I would go RFU, AZ or OSU if I was lucky enough to be offered at all 3. It's really a toss up. I have an interview lined up at my state school (UW); I would take an admission there over anywhere.