First day of class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luplodw

Mississippi c/o 2014!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was just wondering when vet school starts for everyone. I'm going to be attending Mississippi State and we start July 1st. I thought this was super early. When is the first day of class for everyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

So I was just wondering when vet school starts for everyone. I'm going to be attending Mississippi State and we start July 1st. I thought this was super early. When is the first day of class for everyone else?

Yeah, MS-State starts rediculously early. another thing I didn't like about them--would have screwed up all my summer plans!

Oklahoma starts August 23rd, I believe, with orientation the week before that :)

wow! I thought Western started early...we start August 2nd!

Members don't see this ad :)
WOW! July?!

Minnesota doesn't start until early September. I think it's 9/6/10.

That kind of sucks, but at the same token...YOU'RE IN VET SCHOOL YOU lucky duck! Think in a few years it won't matter when you went to school because you'll be a DVM! LOL! So jealous :laugh: Good luck!

I mean I know why they do it...and actually I like it! They want to spread the classes out so that your first year you don't have so much information all at once. It will be a good transition and will make class less difficult. I like that they are willing to give up some of THEIR summer so that we can be more successful.

Formal classes at RVC don't start until September 27, but since I'm in the accelerated program there is pre-sessional course to get us international students used to the UK teaching style. Still, it's a lot later than I'm used to.

Auburn starts on the 16th of August. Lupoldw, keep us informed about your journey since most of us will still be enjoying the rest of our summer at that time. It's going to be awfully hot that time of year down in MS.

I will! I'll let you know how torturous it is haha. I'm looking forward to it though. Oh and the weather can't be much worse than August in Auburn (which is so terrible mixed with the humidity. I sweat as soon as I step out the door).

lol, yeah...don't remind me. that's one thing I'm not looking forward to.

Aug 30th for Penn.
Orientation the week before.

Personally I would like a 1/1 start date. But that is just me.

a Jan 1st start date???

I think the penn start date fits my schedule well. right when i finish my fellowship ill have time to move!! vacation! and get my place unpacked and organized :D

Class starts on September 1st!!!! I am so excited! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
August 23rd for Mizzou (about 90% sure on that, haha), but we have orientation the week before that.

Oh and the weather can't be much worse than August in Auburn (which is so terrible mixed with the humidity. I sweat as soon as I step out the door).

it's the same...

Yup. Tuskegee tentative date is Aug 25th with orientation/VLE starting the weekend prior. Soooo excited (less so about Auburn heat boooo)

Haven't heard an official peep from Cornell on this one (and I can't find it on the site either... though I haven't tried very hard) but based on the past several years I'm guessing our orientation starts August 16th with classes starting later that week?

ohio stars later... End of September i think, but goes until june or something

Aug 23 for Iowa state

with orientation the week before.

Woohoo!

VMRCVM classes start August 23, but Orientation starts August 17... Which is my birthday!

Clinical rotations start for us on August 23rd, we will have a week of orientation before that. WEEEhawwww!

I start Aug 9 for University of Edinburgh's GEP program (4 year program). The rest of the school starts Sept 22nd or whatever that Tuesday is, and Freshers week is the week before!
:soexcited:

Orientation at Washington State starts August 16th, and classes start on the 23rd of August. I'm super excited to get started, but also looking forward to the nice, long summer before then!

Haven't heard an official peep from Cornell on this one (and I can't find it on the site either... though I haven't tried very hard) but based on the past several years I'm guessing our orientation starts August 16th with classes starting later that week?

Yeah I heard that orientation starts August 16th and that's about 3 days long so classes should start on the 19th! So excited/scared!

Sometime in August. The 15th, I think.

I wonder if the first day will be Syllabus Day? :D

VMRCVM classes start August 23, but Orientation starts August 17... Which is my birthday!

I'm the 11th! Yay, August birthdays!

Yay August birthdays! Mine is the 8th :hardy:

So much for August birthdays! CSU's orientation starts the 16th, and my b-day is the 15th... It looks like I'll be celebrating it alone with my cat Meanie in a new place and flat broke. +pity+

Apparently Aug 15th is the day the Virgin Mary died, the day Japan lost WWII (Japan time), and also the time in Japan when people celebrate dead people. hmmmmm..........

A&M's orientation is August 18th, so I'm guessing classes start the following week. My birthday is the 27th, so I'm sure there won't be much opportunity to celebrate after the first week of classes.

Sept 18th is the first day of orientation at Ohio, and classes start the 22nd of Sept. SO LATE!! You guys that start earlier will have to stay on SDN and tell me how the first month is. :rolleyes:

So much for August birthdays! CSU's orientation starts the 16th, and my b-day is the 15th... It looks like I'll be celebrating it alone with my cat Meanie in a new place and flat broke. +pity+

Apparently Aug 15th is the day the Virgin Mary died, the day Japan lost WWII (Japan time), and also the time in Japan when people celebrate dead people. hmmmmm..........

I'll be there!!!! I'm moving out to Colorado around the 3rd of August and would be honored to buy you a beer or other drink of choice for your birthday. Have you been to CooperSmith's (http://www.coopersmithspub.com/)? And then orientation is going to be fantastic and then we have our white coat ceremony on the 20th and classes start on Aug 23rd. Lots of good things to celebrate!!!!!!!:thumbup:

I'll be there!!!! I'm moving out to Colorado around the 3rd of August and would be honored to buy you a beer or other drink of choice for your birthday. Have you been to CooperSmith's (http://www.coopersmithspub.com/)? And then orientation is going to be fantastic and then we have our white coat ceremony on the 20th and classes start on Aug 23rd. Lots of good things to celebrate!!!!!!!:thumbup:

I'll be there too! Moving August 1st! Coopersmiths is soooooo good, I'd def be up for buying you a beer Minnerbelle!

Orientation starts August 5th at NCSU - so I think classes start the...11th?

Lots of places start on my birthday, August 16! Yay birthdays!

Awww, thanks eringobraugh and Chill!!! A lil warning though... my alcohol tolerance is so low I'm pretty sure it's an allergy. 3/4 through a bottle of corona, and I will be having a pukefest for the next 2 hrs! that makes me a cheap date tho. gimme a diet coke, and i'm happy as a clam :p

Awww, thanks eringobraugh and Chill!!! A lil warning though... my alcohol tolerance is so low I'm pretty sure it's an allergy. 3/4 through a bottle of corona, and I will be having a pukefest for the next 2 hrs! that makes me a cheap date tho. gimme a diet coke, and i'm happy as a clam :p

Haha, coopersmith's has awesome rootbeer that they brew themselves. But I am with you, I'd much rather have diet coke than beer, eventhough I like that too.

HEE-thanks, Smilin!!! two of my favortie things in one beautiful pic, cats and tomatoes!!!

How come nobody offered to buy me a drink for my birthday? :hardy:
No wait... I won't be 21 yet... nevermind!