First dental procedure dream

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trypmo

Arch Fiend
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last night, I had my first dream in which I was doing a dental procedure (it was just like one I saw my mentor-dentist do, except I was in his place (in the dream I was even left-handed, as he is, not right-handed, as I am)).

It was an extraction of a #6. I don't think I'll ever forget it. :love:

I suppose what it means to me is that deep down I've come to accept the image of my future self as a dentist.

Now all I have to do is get into dental school... :(

What about other pre-dents? Anything similar?

Members don't see this ad.

nah.....I dream of naked women..

trypmo said:
Last night, I had my first dream in which I was doing a dental procedure (it was just like one I saw my mentor-dentist do, except I was in his place (in the dream I was even left-handed, as he is, not right-handed, as I am)).

It was an extraction of a #6. I don't think I'll ever forget it. :love:

I suppose what it means to me is that deep down I've come to accept the image of my future self as a dentist.

Now all I have to do is get into dental school... :(

What about other pre-dents? Anything similar?
I had a dream where I had to cut an MOD onlay prep for #5, and the whole thing went miserably ("mesial gingival floor? We don't NEED no stinking mesial gingival floor!").

Wait, wait, wait. That wasn't a dream. That was my lab practical today. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
aphistis said:
I had a dream where I had to cut an MOD onlay prep for #5, and the whole thing went miserably ("mesial gingival floor? We don't NEED no stinking mesial gingival floor!").

Wait, wait, wait. That wasn't a dream. That was my lab practical today. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Sounds like your doing great in d-school. :rolleyes:

I'd hate to be your patient!! :laugh:

avingupta said:
nah.....I dream of naked women..

Me too, plus in the dream is a 50 inch Sony plasma screen hanging from my wall. :cool: Oh yeah, and one nightmare I had a few weeks after getting accepted was all my teeth falling out. :thumbdown:

aphistis said:

D'OH! :scared: Hang in there, man, it'll get better!

I dreamt a few weeks ago that the dentist I have shadowed found out I got accepted to dental school and hired me as an associate telling me I didn't need to go to dental school but that he would train me for what I needed to know. The next thing I knew he put me in a room looking at some x-rays of my first patient with the patient in the chair next to me. I was thinking..."Crap, I don't know what I am doing! I haven't learned this stuff yet!" Then I woke up. :laugh: :laugh:

swiminh2o said:
The next thing I knew he put me in a room looking at some x-rays of my first patient with the patient in the chair next to me. I was thinking..."Crap, I don't know what I am doing! I haven't learned this stuff yet!" Then I woke up. :laugh: :laugh:

The frightening thing is, when you see your first ever patient probably sometime during 2nd year in dental school, that is exactly how you will feel! :smuggrin:

I have at least one absolutely CRAZY dental dream every week...for instance a few nights ago I dreamt that I had a statem in my closet that was leaking all over my clothes so I had to use 3ft giant cotton rolls to clean up the mess!

Lila08 said:
I have at least one absolutely CRAZY dental dream every week...for instance a few nights ago I dreamt that I had a statem in my closet that was leaking all over my clothes so I had to use 3ft giant cotton rolls to clean up the mess!
Whoa - that's really interesting!! A closet really is kinda like an oral cavity: a dark, enclosed space, but with clothes & shoes instead of tongue & teeth. I never thought of it that way before; that's an awesome analogy your mind came up with. :thumbup:

you guys all make me :laugh:

thank goodness. no dreams here yet. i am sure i'll have plently when i start in a month.