First in D.O.s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fuegorama

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats to y'all that just matched,

I was wondering if anyone here is the first D.O. in their program.

I reckon this could go for any year.

What advice do you have for breaking that first time seal?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

fuegorama said:
Congrats to y'all that just matched,

I was wondering if anyone here is the first D.O. in their program.

I reckon this could go for any year.

What advice do you have for breaking that first time seal?
Thanks

My recommendation is to pee right before you start drinking. Hopefully by about beer 4 or 5, your seal won't have been broken. I also find that light beers "break the seal" much faster.

Q, DO

QuinnNSU said:
My recommendation is to pee right before you start drinking. Hopefully by about beer 4 or 5, your seal won't have been broken. I also find that light beers "break the seal" much faster.

Q, DO

Really it's the speed that you drink those light beers. If I'm fixin' to flaunt that Florida Frat Fandango (Q you know the triple F) I can usually be into #6 before I crack MY tab.

Now be a sport...don't moderate to humiliate. :rolleyes: You sah are an example of what I'm askin' 'bout. Charter class DO etc.

Is it stupid/rude to approach these no DO zones and query the PD about status? I'm referring to the Vandys, Arizonas, and UCSDs of this realm.

My grades are good. My past career in EMS is solid. I am mega active at the school, EM club prez. etc. I am approaching the end of MSI and am already sleeping w/ the First Aid book. (pretty lame in the hay)

I know you weary of these pseudo CVs but i'm painting a picture. If I want into a "barred" program, what can/should I do.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
fuegorama said:
Really it's the speed that you drink those light beers. If I'm fixin' to flaunt that Florida Frat Fandango (Q you know the triple F) I can usually be into #6 before I crack MY tab.

Now be a sport...don't moderate to humiliate. :rolleyes: You sah are an example of what I'm askin' 'bout. Charter class DO etc.

Is it stupid/rude to approach these no DO zones and query the PD about status? I'm referring to the Vandys, Arizonas, and UCSDs of this realm.

My grades are good. My past career in EMS is solid. I am mega active at the school, EM club prez. etc. I am approaching the end of MSI and am already sleeping w/ the First Aid book. (pretty lame in the hay)

I know you weary of these pseudo CVs but i'm painting a picture. If I want into a "barred" program, what can/should I do.

Thanks

I was just messing with ya. Didn't have time for a full response.

It is not rude... just kind of... superficial and uncouth (I suppose) to ask the PDs about it. It might be best to ask a regular joe schmoe attending or a resident. Heck, the emramatch.org website has all the DO information on there, that shoudl be very helpful for you.

Myself and another person in my year are the first two DOs at our program. Not too tough since we're the only class in it so far... but next year we are taking one more DO, for a total of 3/12.

IMHO, it truly has to do with you being a stellar applicant to just break the mold to get an interview at un-DO-friendly places. DO A ROTATION at these places, shine your a$$ off, tell every attending and resident that that program is where you want to be (without bordering on annoying), and, well, damn, just be a good applicant. You definately will have to show you are book smart, either by dominating on the COMLEX or taking the USMLE (apples to apples).

Q, DO

Q-
Thanks. That's what I thought.
I know it's gotta look so lame back here when you are peering down from the ceiling, but annoying interrogative posts are all I've got. It's kinda bizarre that I didn't feel this way in pre-med application times. Looking at the "pre" forums, my queries now look strikingly familiar.

My partner groans when I tell her in a whiny voice "just 2.7 years to Match Day".
How pathetic!!