First Interview...at my First Choice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSZ

MSZ
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well after this whole process (which I want to say is so tedious and irritating), I actually received a "confirmation of application" from University of Pennsylvania today in addition to a separate packet that invited me to an interview! So I am pleased nonetheless. If only AADSAS could get their act together. According to their website, my application is still incomplete...ridiculous.

Members don't see this ad.

MSZ said:
Well after this whole process (which I want to say is so tedious and irritating), I actually received a "confirmation of application" from University of Pennsylvania today in addition to a separate packet that invited me to an interview! So I am pleased nonetheless. If only AADSAS could get their act together. According to their website, my application is still incomplete...ridiculous.

Congrats...but SHOW OFF!

MSZ said:

u got ur interview already. wow...
can i ask u a general question?
I still see alot of people who want to take DAT on August.
if people like u fill out all the interview sits now, how can those people have chance? is it only becuz UOP had early deadline or something?

Members don't see this ad :)
coolslugs said:
Congrats...but SHOW OFF!

congrats to OP, but that's not showing off! pah, showing off would be:

"oh, you mean you weren't automatically offered an acceptance?" :p

waaa i wish i got the interview invitation :eek: but full of luck and CONGRATS!!

MSZ said:

Man that was quick. I thought they don’t start interviews until September. Are they already starting scheduling process from now on? But anyways congrats and wish you luck on your interview. Ohh yeah and how do you find application status on their website?

joonkimdds said:
u got ur interview already. wow...
can i ask u a general question?
I still see alot of people who want to take DAT on August.
if people like u fill out all the interview sits now, how can those people have chance? is it only becuz UOP had early deadline or something?

That is one reason many people advise to apply early. Most schools admit on a rolling bases. Meaning that they do not wait until they have interviewed everyone to start admitting. This has lead some to believe that if you app. is slighty weak or average you have a better shot if applying early(true or not i dunno)

But all hope is not lost. The majority of invites come on Oct/Nov and go well into Jan/Feb and many schools do not fill completely just in case they find a gem late in the process.

MSZ said:

Let's just say that you're an early first round pick. Hopefully, you don't get traded for a player to be named later :p

Cowsgomoo,

You're right. They do not begin interviews until September...September 29th to be exact. In regard to your question, the AADSAS website provides information about the status of your application. If everything is complete, it will say so and you will receive an email stating this. Ironically, AADSAS never sent me this confirmation, and supposedly they are still waiting for my evaluations (which isn't true because other schools have confirmed that they received them). Basically, AADSAS is not responsible and it is important to follow-up on everything with the individual school. Some schools also use infosource.com to tell applicants whether their application has been received, but this is on an individual school basis.

Also, I only posted this thread simply for information. Personally, I would be curious to know when a school started to interview so I assumed other fellow sdners would be too. It's also important to remember that this process is also part luck. My application may have been in the right pile at the right time. But thank you to everyone's congrats.

MSZ said:
Cowsgomoo,

You're right. They do not begin interviews until September...September 29th to be exact. In regard to your question, the AADSAS website provides information about the status of your application. If everything is complete, it will say so and you will receive an email stating this. Ironically, AADSAS never sent me this confirmation, and supposedly they are still waiting for my evaluations (which isn't true because other schools have confirmed that they have received them). Basically, AADSAS is not responsible and it is important to follow-up on everything with the individual school. Some schools also use infosource.com to tell applicants whether their application had been received by the school, but this is on an individual school basis.

Also, I only posted this thread simply for information. Personally, I would be curious to know when a school started interview so I assumed other fellow sdners would be too. This process is also part luck. I may have been in the right pile to review at the right time. But thank you to everyone's congrats.

Ohh ok cool, no worries. Yeah I would have liked to know when people start getting interview invites too. Hope mine is in the mail too. :D :D

MSZ said:

When you get your interview date, let me know. I will show you around campus.

hey Congrads and good luck with the interview! I can't wait for the interview at my first choice! :)

ramona_k said:
hey Congrads and good luck with the interview! I can't wait for the interview at my first choice! :)

State university of Alabama?? jk

Members don't see this ad :)
I bet you'll find a lot of persian guys there. Ali Bob is apparently really poplular with the ladies :D

Audio said:
I bet you'll find a lot of persian guys there. Ali Bob is apparently really poplular with the ladies :D

U're talking about Alabama? interesting! ;) I hear couple are applying to Hawaii. are you? :D

ramona_k said:
U're talking about Alabama? interesting! ;) I hear couple are applying to Hawaii. are you? :D

you ask me that question evrytime we speek (on the phone)! yes, i did send my application to Hawaii and i know you did that as well. who are the couple applying there besides the obvious?

Comet208 said:
you ask me that question evrytime we speek (on the phone)! yes, i did send my application to Hawaii and i know you did that as well. who are the couple applying there besides the obvious?

lol. I was asking to Audio! :D

For those of you who are getting interview invites already, when were your aadsas applications mailed out? My printouts were mailed exactly 2 weeks ago, and I still haven't heard from ANY of the schools (not even confirmation that they received the application). Is this normal? Just wondering. Thanks!

Mayo123 said:
For those of you who are getting interview invites already, when were your aadsas applications mailed out? My printouts were mailed exactly 2 weeks ago, and I still haven't heard from ANY of the schools (not even confirmation that they received the application). Is this normal? Just wondering. Thanks!

mine was mailed july 8th.

My application was mailed July 13th.

I got an interview at Penn as well. I'm going on Sept 29!!! Super excited... and shocked... I'm from Michigan... so can anyone tell me anything about Philly?

MSZ said:
My application was mailed July 13th.

When did you have supplemental stuff done? i just sent mine on Monday.

ramona_k said:

nope. Haven't heard grrrrrrrrrrrreat things about that school but living in Hawaii would be nice. Oh well, best to stay close to home where my family and my sexy lover is :D

Audio said:
best to stay close to home where my family and my sexy lover is :D
That makes two of us then. :) yup, Living in Hawai would be nice but very distracting!

MSZ said:
Well after this whole process (which I want to say is so tedious and irritating), I actually received a "confirmation of application" from University of Pennsylvania today in addition to a separate packet that invited me to an interview!...

Congratulations on the interview invite! The interview here really isn't that stressful - just be yourself. What dates did they offer you?

Thanks again! They asked me to come on September 29th which is the first day of interviews, but I chose to interview on the 30th so I had Thursday to travel.