First interview invite, low stat applicant, Late interview date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HappyPerson

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am incredibly happy right now as I got my first medical school interview invite. FYI I have low stats but, I do have amazing experiences that are very unique and I wrote some killer secondaries. I applied to many schools back in July and today I got my first interview at LECOM. My question is when scheduling my interview the earliest I could schedule was March 2023. Is that normal? Isn't that too late? The schedule said only the dates that are underlined I can schedule an interview for and the earliest I found on the calendar was March 2023. Is this normal for the application cycle? Also I recieved a notification that I was selected for the interview via text message which was pretty cool and exciting. I know an interview doesn't mean an acceptance, but this is the first good thing that has happened to me in a while. Lastly should I email the school, I don't know for like a letter of intent or is that after the interview?

Thank you all in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone. I am incredibly happy right now as I got my first medical school interview invite. FYI I have low stats but, I do have amazing experiences that are very unique and I wrote some killer secondaries. I applied to many schools back in July and today I got my first interview at LECOM. My question is when scheduling my interview the earliest I could schedule was March 2023. Is that normal? Isn't that too late? The schedule said only the dates that are underlined I can schedule an interview for and the earliest I found on the calendar was March 2023. Is this normal for the application cycle? Also I recieved a notification that I was selected for the interview via text message which was pretty cool and exciting. I know an interview doesn't mean an acceptance, but this is the first good thing that has happened to me in a while. Lastly should I email the school, I don't know for like a letter of intent or is that after the interview?

Thank you all in advance!
Wow!!! That's way booked! It's not normal at my school.

Wow!!! That's way booked! It's not normal at my school.
Is it ok if I email the scheduling email they provided? They said to email them if we want to reschedule or cancel the interview. Can I email them and ask if there is a closer date?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it ok if I email the scheduling email they provided? They said to email them if we want to reschedule or cancel the interview. Can I email them and ask if there is a closer date?
I think that this will be OK and you can also ask to be placed on a stand-by list (if such a thing exists) if anyone cancels thier interview.

Reactions: 1 users
I think LECOM Erie is unique in being so booked. I got an II in mid-August and had to book for early January

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Hey OP. First off, congrats on the interview! That's great! I do agree with you, it is weird that they are scheduling so far out but it is not unheard of. I would recommend reaching out to see if there is an earlier date (or to be put on a waitlist for an earlier date in case of cancellations). Also, LOIs are typically after interviews, not before. Good luck and keep us updated - you got this!

That's crazy that LECOM scheduled that far ahead. I heard of some people being able to get earlier interviews. To be fair I got an II in July and had my info session in September with them.

Hopefully you read "While You Are Waiting" from the SDN articles.

You can call and ask if they have openings in earlier interview days. I don't know if your portal can message the office for this request, but I expect there are times when spots open up as offers are made in MD and DO. Ask monthly otherwise.

LECOM is interesting because you pre record your interview, it is kind of like CASPER from what I have noticed. I got an II in early august or late july and the earliest I could get was mid November.