First interview invite; Midwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blarelli

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my first interview invite from Midwestern (Glenndale) today at 1 am. Kinda weird, but I'm super stoked.
I got a secondary app request from them on the 17th, finished it on the 18th, and my app is supposed to be mailed out some time today (8/20). I wish other schools would move this fast.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Grats!
They prob took a brief look at your stats before sending out that 2ndary :p

its weird how aadsas works; my second mailing switched to "mailed" in the middle of the night too...

Members don't see this ad :)
ah congrats!

now i'm worried about mine. my app w/ DAT was mailed today too.. without DAT it was mailed 8/6. and i sent my secondary in on the 15th. and nothing : (
i guess my rejection letter is on its way in the mail.

ah congrats!

now i'm worried about mine. my app w/ DAT was mailed today too.. without DAT it was mailed 8/6. and i sent my secondary in on the 15th. and nothing : (
i guess my rejection letter is on its way in the mail.

Why do you think that way? If your sGPA is not below 2.75, I don't think they will reject you that fast!

just cause i've seen people with similar mailing dates as mine and who've sent their secondaries at the same time i did and they got interviews.
don't the admissions people look at apps in order?

I think they keep your application as they compare it to the full pool of applicants

just cause i've seen people with similar mailing dates as mine and who've sent their secondaries at the same time i did and they got interviews.
don't the admissions people look at apps in order?
Xzero is right yrl.......no worries......did u call MWU and ask what's up?.....i submitted my secondaries over a month ago....i called today.....they havnt even reviewed my app yet....
Call and ask BEE...she's a nice lady

Congrats! You now have ~25% chance of getting accepted.

Congrats! You now have ~25% chance of getting accepted.
where did you get that stat from?......that's redic!....MWU Il hasnt even started giving out interviews yet.....whatev!....as long as you apply b4 the end of august...ur early

last year MWU interviewed ~500 people, and there are only 110 seats so that's where the "25%" came from. however you also have to keep in mind that they probably have to accept a lot more than 110 because not everyone that gets accepted ends up attending. just throwing a number out there, but i would guess they accept maybe 200+ or at least WL you and then accept you later :)

I just got my first interview invite from Midwestern (Glenndale) today at 1 am. Kinda weird, but I'm super stoked.
I got a secondary app request from them on the 17th, finished it on the 18th, and my app is supposed to be mailed out some time today (8/20). I wish other schools would move this fast.:thumbup:

When are you coming to Phoenix?

Members don't see this ad :)

Man! I finished 2ndary on 18th too and mailing date is same as yours...guess I am not good enough for them...:(...

by the way, do you have anything need to be completed on your Midwestern check list?

Man! I finished 2ndary on 18th too and mailing date is same as yours...guess I am not good enough for them...:(...

by the way, do you have anything need to be completed on your Midwestern check list?
What do you mean 'check list'?

I think they are trying to get good students to fill their first class:)
are you saying that MWU (IL) has sent out invites too?...i havnt heard anyone say they've gotten interview from IL yet

are you saying that MWU (IL) has sent out invites too?...i havnt heard anyone say they've gotten interview from IL yet

arhh, sorry, thought it was MWU of IL...may bad:oops:

their Applicant Portal

Everything is showing up as green. Letters, supplemental app, and DAT scores. Huh, it says they received my DAT score in June. I took the test June 25th, and didn't have Midwestern as one of my 5 initial schools. I sent them a copy last week.

Everything is showing up as green. Letters, supplemental app, and DAT scores. Huh, it says they received my DAT score in June. I took the test June 25th, and didn't have Midwestern as one of my 5 initial schools. I sent them a copy last week.

I believe that means your June DAT score, not when they received it

I got my invitaton from midwestern on 08/08 :)))about two weeks ago! Who else got interview from Midwestern? By the way, my interview date is on 22th Sep.!:) is there any one in this date?

I'm on the 22nd! Can't wait, staying at the comfort inn.