First interview next week..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

estelyk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hope you guys can give me some advice for my first interview next week, like what to bring, what to wear, what to prepare etc..
Would be appreciated if you could give me an idea of what the interviewers are looking for or what they expect from an interviewee.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

sdnsearch.gif

1) Hide all tats.
2) No more than two visible piercings.
3) Wear a black suit to fit in.
4) Wear a lively shirt, blouse, or tie to stand out.
5) Clean hair styled in a professional way.
5) Carry a valise/purse/backpack containing chapstick, Kleenex, umbrella, novel, list of questions, copy of CV and Primary application, extra tie or pantyhose in case of accident. Consider a snack for stress-induced hypoglycemia
6) Comfortable shoes.
7) Be calm. Smile. Shake hands (but bring hand sanitizer for after the interview). Take time to consider your answer. Don't babble. If you don't know the answer, say so. Try to have fun, after all, you're living your dream.

[Love the post, Armybound.]

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Mellow out, be yourself, and bring mints

faux hawks dont seem to be a problem either. :thumbup:

or maybe they just havent payed attention to it.

haha, awesome post armybound.

Seriously, there's a thread all about what to bring for interviews (I'm pretty sure it's stickied). It's super helpful - use it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hope you guys can give me some advice for my first interview next week, like what to bring, what to wear, what to prepare etc..
Would be appreciated if you could give me an idea of what the interviewers are looking for or what they expect from an interviewee.
Thanks

mind if i ask when you were verified?

treat it as a job interview. keep it formal. therefore, pay attention to your posture and mannerism. by that i mean its best to just sit straight up with your hands resting on your legs. i.e. avoid doing things like leaning your head to one side and resting it on your palm while you're thinking about a difficult question.

try to maintain good eye contact while you talk and not while you just listen. avoid interrupting the interviewer, let him finish talking first. practice your smile and be ready to do that frequently doing 1/2-1 hour interview. always keep your interviewer's question in mind, dont wander off too far from the topic. most answers should fall within 2-3 minutes. The interviewer should be speaking 1/2-2/3 of the time. Therefore, don't feel you have to keep the conversation going all by yourself.

good luck. take it seriously. you don't know how many chances you'll get.

I'm in the same boat as you, first interview next week...

Good luck man! Don't choke, YOUR FUTURE DEPENDS ON IT! (no pressure, just do your thing)

so that u shine under the spotlights they put u under

Thanks for the encouragement,
gd luck to u guys as well.

ps, im a dude

oh god. sorry. :p

unbutton ur first few shirt buttons and let those chest muscles rip

and most importantly, bring yourself, and be yoruself

lay out every single article of clothing you plan on wearing the night before, to ensure that you did not forget something.

get there early, but not too early, i have found twenty minutes early to be good.

I do recommend getting there early, but if for some reason you ARE late, don't panic. I was over an hour late to one of my interviews so far, and I got accepted. Just call the admissions office and let them know.

UR doing better than liverpool ;)

we have much in common.
shinobi. liverpool... haha

i really worry for our team this year. it would be worse if rafa left.. torres and maschi are definitely going to go... sigh..

don't be late and turn ur cell phone off!!!

Last edited: