First Interview tomorrow, any advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zapages

Scientist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have my first interview at Temple University around 1 pm... I was wondering, do you guys have any general advice.

Should I ask for their card in the end to send a Thank you email?

Just wondering guys???

Members don't see this ad.

Personal Advice: RELAX !!!

I've had two interviews so far and I asked for a business card from each of my interviewers so that I can contact them afterwards. Just make sure you read over the questions on the interview feedbackhttp://share.studentdoctor.net/interviewpharm/process_read.asp?school=49
because they have questions that were previously used. I had a friend that interviewed there last year. She was placed on the waiting list but its a good school from what I heard. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats. I applied at Temple but I never got an interview..haven't gotten a rejection either but I just got accepted to Northeastern's Graduate Entry program so I think I'll be going there in the fall but as far as the interview goes...definitely just RELAX and take sometime to think and process the questions before answering them and try to ask as many questions as you can and show that you're enthusiastic about the school :).

Hey guys,

I have my first interview at Temple University around 1 pm... I was wondering, do you guys have any general advice.

Just wondering guys???

Definitely go over the interview feedback and your own application. Make sure you have really good and well thought out answers to the why pharmacy and why Temple Univ. questions...other than that wear a suit (look professional) and try to relax! I think it also helps to have a mental list of your accomplishments/ special achievements / unique abilities so you can work them into your answers easily. Good luck!

Hey guys,

Just wondering guys???

Sleep well tonight!!

relax! take your time before saying your answers to them and they'll come out more coherent. good luck!

yeah, take your time and forms your thoughts before you say it, dont do it like me where my mouth just kept moving around and saying things and im thinking what the hell.
oh and be interesting, dont just be a pharmacy fan!
look your interviewers in the eye and give a good confident smile from time to time.
you should walk in with the attitude of someone that has already got accepted to other schools

oh and one last thing, just remember they are human like you and me
good luck!

1) Bring floss, a few tissues in the pocket, and a mint
2) Bring cash, who knows about parking.
3) Use the bathroom before

Relax, don't overdress, dress lightly so you don't end up sweating all over the place.

One thing I hate about the offices where the interviews are conducted, and I have seen this at Jefferson and LIU, is that they are way too warm. 75 degrees without having a fan on is way too damn hot.

I walk in from the outside, which is a comfortable 20-30 degrees Fahrenheit, and I expect not much of a temperature change, then I get in and the heat is on full blast, I start sweating like crazy. Yes, I think below freezing is comfortable, I'm a cold weather lover.

I opted against a jacket...so it was just dress shirt, tie, and slacks for me.