First M&M presentation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biscuit799

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I've been asked to do my first M&M presentation, and I have no idea how to go about this! Anybody have any good formats or schematics (or advice!) on how to do an M&M presentation!?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, so I've been asked to do my first M&M presentation, and I have no idea how to go about this! Anybody have any good formats or schematics (or advice!) on how to do an M&M presentation!?

Thanks!

From what I have seen, every program/department does their M&M's differently, but typically if you ask a more senior resident for guidance (don't ask them to do it, just ask them for help in how you are formatting it, etc) they will typically lend you a hand. If you are in a field that has M&M's frequently you should have previous M&M's you have seen for referrence as well (surgery/obgyn have weekly M&M conferences most places I am familiar with, IM at my home school has them like once a month, Peds like never... not that those two specialties have less complications than Surg/ObGyn, but I guess with all the rounding and conferences they already have, there is no time to fit M&M :p)

Thanks for your help! After a brief period of panic, I was able to put together a reasonably thorough presentation. It wasn't nearly as miserable as I had imagined it to be. Anyway, thanks for the advice!!

Thanks for your help! After a brief period of panic, I was able to put together a reasonably thorough presentation. It wasn't nearly as miserable as I had imagined it to be. Anyway, thanks for the advice!!

Just remember that when you're presenting, it's not about you. People like to get all worked up at M&Ms and (depending on the field) can get very critical/accusatory. It's a show for some people. Just take a deep breath, remain calm and if you don't know something or understand why something was done, just say it.

Good luck!