First pharm tech interview

Started by homeslice
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

homeslice

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I just joined the forum and it looks like there is a lot of good info here.

But the reason I'm posting is...after 8 months of applying for pharm tech positions around where I go to school, I finally have been offered an interview. My question is with this being my first pharm tech interview, what should I come to expect? I only have a month of recent volunteer work in a hospital pharmacy and a pharm tech license. I know getting this job would be a big step in helping me get into pharmacy school, so I don't want to mess it up. So far I plan on bringing my resume, a letter of recommendation, and my class schedule to work around in case I am offered the job. Do you guys have any other advice on questions I should expect/questions I should ask/what to bring/etc??
 
Congratulations on the interview. Are you interviewing for a chain pharmacy?

I can't speak for everyone, but when I had my interview at CVS, it was very relaxed and I was introduced to the PIC and then I was given the forms for my drug test.
 
It's not a major chain, it's the Carle Foundation Hospital which as far as I know is only in the central Illinois area. It's for a retail position in one of their offshoot pharmacies near the main hospital where I live.

Either way, I was running out of places to apply and was starting to give up, so I'm really excited.