First Practice test on my own...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cdmOMR

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well i decided on a whim today that I would take a practice test just to get an idea where I am at. I took a (kaplan) diagnostic test a little less than a year ago and my scores were

Bio:12 (hadnt taken any bio in 2 years)
Chem:14
Orgo:10
TS:12
RC:18
QR:16
PAT:16

Since then Ive had 1st semester orgo, cell bio, and studied about the 1st 80 pages of Kaplan blue book (within the last 2 weeks) and took the test in that back of the Kaplan book and my scores were

Bio: 18
Chem:15
Orgo:17
TS:17
RC:17
QR:15
PAT:18

Chem and QR im not worried about, I havent really gone over any of that stuff yet. RC is a little lower than id like, but i kinda rushed through it. Orgo coulda been a little higher, but im still taking Orgo II. Bio im pretty happy with at this stage. I think once i get through Kaplan Blue book and then dive in to Destroyer I can get my scores up where they need to be (I hope at least:oops: ). Any comments? (good or bad welcome)

Members don't see this ad.

Well i decided on a whim today that I would take a practice test just to get an idea where I am at. I took a (kaplan) diagnostic test a little less than a year ago and my scores were

Since then Ive had 1st semester orgo, cell bio, and studied about the 1st 80 pages of Kaplan blue book (within the last 2 weeks) and took the test in that back of the Kaplan book and my scores were

Chem and QR im not worried about, I havent really gone over any of that stuff yet. RC is a little lower than id like, but i kinda rushed through it. Orgo coulda been a little higher, but im still taking Orgo II. Bio im pretty happy with at this stage. I think once i get through Kaplan Blue book and then dive in to Destroyer I can get my scores up where they need to be (I hope at least:oops: ). Any comments? (good or bad welcome)

that's a huge improvement for just reading 80 pages of Kaplan. Isn't that only the biology section? Either way, good job.

You're correct: once you hit the Destroyer, you should be up to 19s... maybe even breaking 20s.

Great improvement.. as for reading comp, don't be discouraged, it just takes a lot of practice. I was scoring 16's when I first started with practice tests, and after a lot of practice passages, I got a 22 on the real thing. You've shown great improvement so far, just keep it up. Good luck!

Great improvement.. as for reading comp, don't be discouraged, it just takes a lot of practice. I was scoring 16's when I first started with practice tests, and after a lot of practice passages, I got a 22 on the real thing. You've shown great improvement so far, just keep it up. Good luck!

that's a huge improvement for just reading 80 pages of Kaplan. Isn't that only the biology section? Either way, good job.

You're correct: once you hit the Destroyer, you should be up to 19s... maybe even breaking 20s.

Thank you...the first 80 pages is like the first 6 or 7 chapters of Bio. Still need to finish bio, chem (probably skip orgo), and math (and PAT i guess). Im hoping the destroyer will put me in the 20+ range.

Thanks as well...its a relief to hear that you can improve RC contrary to belief. Although I think if I really tried on this practice test I coulda scored near a 20 on the RC...I was more worried about the sciences part.

Thanks again guys for the good words.