1. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

first round ?!

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by shal3, Jun 19, 2008.

1. shal3

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hi guys,
    I read on this forum that you "probably" will be placed in he first round of applicants/interviews if you apply in August. Is it true? or is the latest July?

thanks

2. shal3

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    someone plz?!

3. Mstoothlady2012

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    doubt it! coz some schools start interviewing in late july/early aug. That means they send out invitations in early July. So I am not sure if you count in first round of interview or not. But you will be definitely counted under the "group of Dec 1"

4. rcwha

2+ Year Member

I plan on esubmitting next sat, do you think ill be considered in the "group of Dec 1"? What's the latest to apply to be in that group?

5. Mstoothlady2012

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I knew someone who applied & took her DATs in sept, had her interview in Nov, she got her acceptance letter on Dec 1. So I guess it all depends, if the committee really like you, then they are not going to look at how early you applied. If you are good then you can get in even if you apply in September, but ofcourse you don't want to take that risk!!