First Shadowing - tips?

Started by 66Mustang
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

66Mustang

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my first shadowing gig for next thursday! It's going to be a surgery! Any tips I should know before I go??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Eat and drink before going into surgery. 🙂

Oh god yes. I thought I could skip dinner one night before going in to volunteer at an emerg clinic … got to watch a chest tube be placed … but didn't get it through the first … 10-15 times. Let's just say low blood sugar and watching objects be forced into a chest cavity = the closest I've ever been to fainting.

So cool though. What kind of surgery?!