First time reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RUcereus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off reapplying sucks.

My states are ok 3.7 (after senior year of college) and a 29N (11B 11V 7PS). I will be re-taking june 18.

Last year i only applied to Texas schools and am wait listed at 3 currently. I am applying for a research assistant job and should be hired within the month of june. Also i am working on bumping up my volunteer efforts as well.

This year i will apply to alot more schools with hopefully better EC's and MCAT.

What do you think of my plan? Any recommendations?

Also im thinking of re-using my committee letter from last year is this a good idea?

Anything from successful re applicants would be most beneficial.

Members don't see this ad.

Apply early, do well on the retake and apply broadly...that means look outside of Texas.

Hope that one of your wait lists work out!

don't give up on your waitlists! Your letters can probably be recycled, esp if you add one fresh one. Update your ps, apply broadly, and apply NOW. An early app makes up for a lot.

Your plan sounds good to me. More research/clinical experience is always good!

I just want to share some of the great advices I've received. I am also preparing to re-apply (next year).

- If you've interviewed anywhere and was not accepted, it's a good idea to ask them for some feedbacks. They may help you in identifying what you should improve on.

- Definitely apply early and also apply to more schools (broad range). I've applied to only selected group of schools and regret dearly now that I am preparing to re-apply.

I hope this helps :thumbup: