First Timer, AADSAS Questions, Attempted Credits?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fLiPaChu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums, been watching it all for a while and gaining inspiration to just sit down and do this application. I do have a question on the confusing credits attempted section of filling out coursework. I've transferred colleges basically from CalPoly SLO --> SCU (both quarter system) and with some West Valley (semester) in between, but anyway here I am and I'm glad to finally be a part of this community.

For a 4unit course I took in Calpoly, on my transcript it looks like this

Course: XXXXX | B | QHRS 4.00 | QPTS 12.000 |

I'm assuming 1 quarter hour is equivalent to 4 quarter points (I could be mistaken, it's been almost 3 years since my time there). But which of the following (4 or 12) am I putting down for credits attempted? I've already called an AADSAS rep, and she bluntly just told me to put whatever it says on my transcript (rudely, I might add!). So I'm basically asking for a second opinion. Any thoughts guys? Thanks, I appreciate it.

flip

Members don't see this ad.

fLiPaChu said:
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums, been watching it all for a while and gaining inspiration to just sit down and do this application. I do have a question on the confusing credits attempted section of filling out coursework. I've transferred colleges basically from CalPoly SLO --> SCU (both quarter system) and with some West Valley (semester) in between, but anyway here I am and I'm glad to finally be a part of this community.

For a 4unit course I took in Calpoly, on my transcript it looks like this

Course: XXXXX | B | QHRS 4.00 | QPTS 12.000 |

I'm assuming 1 quarter hour is equivalent to 4 quarter points (I could be mistaken, it's been almost 3 years since my time there). But which of the following (4 or 12) am I putting down for credits attempted? I've already called an AADSAS rep, and she bluntly just told me to put whatever it says on my transcript (rudely, I might add!). So I'm basically asking for a second opinion. Any thoughts guys? Thanks, I appreciate it.

flip

You should put your QHRS for the quarter units attempted. The QPTS are used for your schools GPA calculations, a B gets 3 points for every unit. 4*3=12 AADSAS does the same thing, they'll multiply your grade pts * units and then divide by total units attempted. That's a weighted average where obviously a 3 unit class effects your GPA more than a 1 unit lab.

Can anyone back me up on this?

SaxyDucky said:
You should put your QHRS for the quarter units attempted. The QPTS are used for your schools GPA calculations, a B gets 3 points for every unit. 4*3=12 AADSAS does the same thing, they'll multiply your grade pts * units and then divide by total units attempted. That's a weighted average where obviously a 3 unit class effects your GPA more than a 1 unit lab.

Can anyone back me up on this?

I agree with that advice.

Good call you guys, looks like I won't have to go back and change everything :). Thanks again.

flip