First timer, would love some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zidanefra10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your post was too long so I only read title.

Advice: use protection.

I would just try to do the best I could in my remaining classes while trying to decide if medicine is right for me. Obviously, it's a big decision that shouldn't be taken lightly. I'd relax and give it a long and careful consideration. If you decide to do it, then you can worry about taking the next steps to getting into med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your GPA is too low. A post-bacc would be needed to get that up to an acceptable range. 3.3-3.5 with good ECs and a MCAT>25 could get you into a DO school.

If you're unsure, you should probably do some major job shadowing to see if it is really what you want to do.

Your GPA is too low. A post-bacc would be needed to get that up to an acceptable range. 3.3-3.5 with good ECs and a MCAT>25 could get you into a DO school.

If you're unsure, you should probably do some major job shadowing to see if it is really what you want to do.

Yes. :thumbup:

Also, do some clinical volunteering, shadow a doctor - see if you like it. Build up a good resume and with a good MCAT, you can apply in DO (or cross your fingers for MD and apply broadly).

Not sure if medicine is right for you? Go volunteer, shadow, and/or work in hospital or clinic!

This is a big investment on your time and money.

Try RFU master program. They have good linkage.