O.State

2+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Status
Pharmacy Student
Newly entering PharmD students come in here and share your first week stories, views, reflections etc. .

Here's mine:

Man, wtf was I thinking. :arghh: Ill be lucky to make it to second semester...in over my head.

Ill keep you guys updated in this thread in the coming months

stoichiometrist

7+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2011
P1 year first semester was really easy. P2 year was when the blues hit, as we essentially had to do double the amount of studying.

Reactions: GoldfishPharmD

Sine Cura

10 seconds or less
7+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
After a couple of days my main thought was, "I have to go to school with all of these idiots?" Then again I ended up working for CVS to pay the bills so

Corpseman

7+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
Newly entering PharmD students come in here and share your first week stories, views, reflections etc. .

Here's mine:

Man, wtf was I thinking. :arghh: Ill be lucky to make it to second semester...in over my head.

Ill keep you guys updated in this thread in the coming months

One day at a time and remember not to fall behind. Good luck!

Reactions: O.State

Leper Messiah

5+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2013
Status
Pharmacist
As a P2, I still feel like I have it way better than the P1's. P1 is alot of busywork. Essyas, reflections, projections, homework, "soft" classes, etc. not to mention the fact that we were oing HIPAA training, CPR training, orientation, meeting all of our classmates, moving to a new city (for many of us), and trying to figure it all out. P2 year, I go to lectures, study, chill, and get alot more sleep. The classes are more "sciencey", but that's what I came to RX school for.

Reactions: O.State

y0ssarian87

7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2012
New York City Metro Area
Status
Pharmacist
I just finished my first week as a P3. Definitely a bit overwhelming. The classes are a bit easier than P2, but the standard classes plus electives plus a masters program plus student organization involvement plus research plus work plus a social life is a bit ridiculous. Not sure I can keep it all up.

Rockinacoustic

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2009
Somewhere Sunny and 75
Status
Pharmacist
I just finished my first week as a P3. Definitely a bit overwhelming. The classes are a bit easier than P2, but the standard classes plus electives plus a masters program plus student organization involvement plus research plus work plus a social life is a bit ridiculous. Not sure I can keep it all up.
Once you realize the less your study for pharmacotherapy the better you do, P3 becomes so much better.

Reactions: y0ssarian87

GoldfishPharmD

walking on a dream
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 25, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
P1 was easy. P2 sucked. P3 was better. P4 was a breeze.

OP
O.State

O.State

2+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Status
Pharmacy Student
Second week blues :( ...just got my first quiz grade

Is it too late to leave (get tutition money back?) :arghh: