First week of school blues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

O.State

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Newly entering PharmD students come in here and share your first week stories, views, reflections etc. .

Here's mine:

Man, wtf was I thinking. :arghh: Ill be lucky to make it to second semester...in over my head.

Ill keep you guys updated in this thread in the coming months

Members don't see this ad.

P1 year first semester was really easy. P2 year was when the blues hit, as we essentially had to do double the amount of studying.

Reactions: 1 user
After a couple of days my main thought was, "I have to go to school with all of these idiots?" Then again I ended up working for CVS to pay the bills so

Members don't see this ad :)
Newly entering PharmD students come in here and share your first week stories, views, reflections etc. .

Here's mine:

Man, wtf was I thinking. :arghh: Ill be lucky to make it to second semester...in over my head.

Ill keep you guys updated in this thread in the coming months

One day at a time and remember not to fall behind. Good luck!

As a P2, I still feel like I have it way better than the P1's. P1 is alot of busywork. Essyas, reflections, projections, homework, "soft" classes, etc. not to mention the fact that we were oing HIPAA training, CPR training, orientation, meeting all of our classmates, moving to a new city (for many of us), and trying to figure it all out. P2 year, I go to lectures, study, chill, and get alot more sleep. The classes are more "sciencey", but that's what I came to RX school for.

I just finished my first week as a P3. Definitely a bit overwhelming. The classes are a bit easier than P2, but the standard classes plus electives plus a masters program plus student organization involvement plus research plus work plus a social life is a bit ridiculous. Not sure I can keep it all up.

I just finished my first week as a P3. Definitely a bit overwhelming. The classes are a bit easier than P2, but the standard classes plus electives plus a masters program plus student organization involvement plus research plus work plus a social life is a bit ridiculous. Not sure I can keep it all up.

Once you realize the less your study for pharmacotherapy the better you do, P3 becomes so much better.

P1 was easy. P2 sucked. P3 was better. P4 was a breeze.

I'm still in my first year of being a pharmacist. SO much better than being in school.
upload_2015-9-14_22-42-51.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
On my 4th APPE and set to graduate in May, rotations are so much better than being in class (despite some difficult rotations). It will all come to an end eventually.

Reactions: 1 users