First Year DPT | Financial Aid Q

Started by zbaxter
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zbaxter

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I've been accepted to UF's DPT program and am now in the process of getting everything ready.. financing being my top priority. I've done some budgeting and it seems that I'll need to take out just shy of 50k/year to cover tuition, rent, costs of living, car payments, and insurance.

My main question: where do I get the money? I have no idea where to start.

Any help would be much appreciated!

-Zach
 
Hey all,

I've been accepted to UF's DPT program and am now in the process of getting everything ready.. financing being my top priority. I've done some budgeting and it seems that I'll need to take out just shy of 50k/year to cover tuition, rent, costs of living, car payments, and insurance.

My main question: where do I get the money? I have no idea where to start.

Any help would be much appreciated!

-Zach

So after you submit your FASFA and turn in any added paperwork to your school. The school will determine an annual amount for you. So for instance say if they give you 50,000 for the year then you will get 20,500 from unsubsidized loans and the remainder from grad plus loans. You just have to go on your school portal and activate the amount you need for the entire school year. That’s how most programs do it.