first year pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shatha Ahmed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone ,,
I'm student in pharmacy college I'm now in my first year
i will finish it after 2 weeks i want to develop my self little bit in summer and take a lot of information that will help me in my second year ,, so can you help me with that give me some advice , books , articals, web site or something , and i will appreciate that

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Study the top 300 drugs. Brand/generic names, indications, dosages, MOA, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
The first question you should ask yourself is where do you see yourself in three years. If you see yourself in a traditional community role, I would focus on relevant subjects (e.g. OTC). If you see yourself pursuing residency and clinical pharmacy, I would focus on different subjects (e.g. your Koda Kimble or DiPiro therapeutics textbook supplemented by therapeutic guidelines and the primary literature justifying the guidelines).

And if you truly have tons of time this summer, as in you are not working, ask your faculty if you can shadow one of them in their clinic for a specialty area which excites you (e.g. ID, cardiology, etc). If you are eager, motivated and make it known, you may be able to effectively create a "rotation". Dont be afraid to ask that pharmacist for "assignments". It won't count for anything but you will go into year 2 armed with a learning experience none of your other classmates share.

Reactions: 1 user