First year pre-pharmacy headstart

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Btut

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently in my first year of pre-pharmacy and I want to know what activites I should be doing besides school work. Such as shadowing, working in a pharmacy, etc. I was just wondering because I heard that it makes you look more competitive. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm currently in my first year of pre-pharmacy and I want to know what activites I should be doing besides school work. Such as shadowing, working in a pharmacy, etc. I was just wondering because I heard that it makes you look more competitive. :)

Finding a tech position in a pharmacy is a good idea. Schools like to see some extracurricular activity, but get involved in those types of activities that you actually enjoy. It's not worth it to join clubs and whatnot just to have another bullet point on your application.

Finding a tech position in a pharmacy is a good idea. Schools like to see some extracurricular activity, but get involved in those types of activities that you actually enjoy. It's not worth it to join clubs and whatnot just to have another bullet point on your application.

But I'm only a a first-year, so I don't have my Pharmacy Tech degree yet. Should I consider doing shadowing programs or be focused on getting a job at the local pharmacies?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you can get a PAID job, get it!! Don't waste time shadowing if you can actually get paid for your time. Figure out what your state requires to be a pharmacy tech, then start pounding pavement looking for jobs.

Volunteering activities (whether it is Pharmacy related or not)

But I'm only a a first-year, so I don't have my Pharmacy Tech degree yet. Should I consider doing shadowing programs or be focused on getting a job at the local pharmacies?

Why is your tech license tied to your class standing? No "degree" is required.