First Year Scheduling Issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ged2Doc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going in after being out of school for quite a few years. I will be going to a university, and really have only spoke to someone a few times via the phone about my career goals. I am majoring inpsychology, with either a double major or minor in criminal justice. I wanted to not take any science classes the first semester, just so I could kind of get back into the groove of things. They have me scheduled for intro to psych and CJ, understanding the bible(I am attending a private religious college), American History, and intro english course. Will I be on track to take Mcat if I dont start my pre-reqs the first semester. Thanks in advance, and if this has been asked before I apologize, I did do a few searches:)

Members don't see this ad.

are you doing another whole bacc?

I am going in after being out of school for quite a few years. I will be going to a university, and really have only spoke to someone a few times via the phone about my career goals. I am majoring inpsychology, with either a double major or minor in criminal justice. I wanted to not take any science classes the first semester, just so I could kind of get back into the groove of things. They have me scheduled for intro to psych and CJ, understanding the bible(I am attending a private religious college), American History, and intro english course. Will I be on track to take Mcat if I dont start my pre-reqs the first semester. Thanks in advance, and if this has been asked before I apologize, I did do a few searches:)

Depends on when you were planning on taking the MCAT. Just a lot of variables here, we don't know how much previous college coursework you have completed, or when you want to try and take the MCAT. There really is no right "track" so don't stress about all the details and just focus on doing well in your classes. You can take as long as you want, so just sit down and try to plan out at some level when you are going to try and take all the science pre-reqs and then schedule the MCAT accordingly.

Depends on when you were planning on taking the MCAT. Just a lot of variables here, we don't know how much previous college coursework you have completed, or when you want to try and take the MCAT. There really is no right "track" so don't stress about all the details and just focus on doing well in your classes. You can take as long as you want, so just sit down and try to plan out at some level when you are going to try and take all the science pre-reqs and then schedule the MCAT accordingly.

I am a new freshmena, no prior college work. I really just wanna get it all done in 4 years. Thanks for all the help, I know I will need it!