FIU DPT Class 2016

Started by AngelFSU
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ok, I Interviewed the 9th at well and have not found out yet. I'm hoping there is still a chance. When I interviewed, Dr.Brunt told me it wouldn't be until after the 23rd that I find out. I'm hoping there's a chance, I felt confident about it.
 
Thanks! I haven't been accepted anywhere yet. Do you mind posting your stats and your interview experience? Do you have any idea when I could find out?
 
I also interviewed on Feb 9. and I havent heard anything back yet. I was also told I would hear after the 23rd.
 
I went for an early interview back in December and found out within a week that I had been accepted by email from Dr. Brunt. I don't know if the regular admissions process is different due to a greater number of applicants but I hope you all hear some good news soon!
 
I just got the acceptance email!!! I'm literally shaking I'm so excited 😀 I wasn't the most confident about one of the interviews but I guess it went well. Good luck y'all!!!
 
I just received the email that I was put on the waiting list. I don't know whether to be happy or upset about that. I guess it's better than a rejection. I will have hope.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I found out that I was accepted Wednesday Feb 27! I found out via email and interviewed on Feb. 9.
 
Last edited:
I was at the interview held on Feb 23rd as well and I got the email from Dr. Brunt on Wednesday Feb 27th with my acceptance!
 
For those that have been accepted to FIU can you please share your stats? I interviewed 23 Feb and patiently waiting. I checked the Facebook page there's 11 members so I have my finger crossed. Does anyone know approximately how many students they accept each year?
 
Hi I interviewed the 9th and got an acceptance email on the 13th.

Eastern Michigan University - Exercise Science Major
GPA - 3.66
Pre-req GPA - 3.41
200+ observation hours
GRE v-154 q-159 essay part-4
2 jobs as a PT tech

My stats really aren't all that great so my guess is they felt bad that I live in Michigan. Good luck to everyone that applied!
 
According to their site they admit 55-58 students each year, so it is a fairly larger class at FIU.

University of Central Florida - Health Sciences Pre-Clinical Major / Psychology Minor
GPA: 3.64
Pre-req GPA: 3.37
Observation Hours: 100+
GRE: V-148 Q-156 AW-3.5
 
University of Central Florida
Health Science major
Fitness Training minor
Health Services Administration minor

Overall GPA: 3.51
Pre-req GPA: 3.11
GRE: 1040
Observation Hours: 800+
Job as PT Tech for past 10 months