FIU DPT Class 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AngelFSU

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who has been accepted? Lets make a facebook page!!

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed the 9th found out the following wednesday

Members don't see this ad :)
ok, I Interviewed the 9th at well and have not found out yet. I'm hoping there is still a chance. When I interviewed, Dr.Brunt told me it wouldn't be until after the 23rd that I find out. I'm hoping there's a chance, I felt confident about it.

I'm still waiting to find out if I've been accepted, so no I haven't made a page. I'm hoping to get in!

Goodluck!! Hopefully you will hear back soon!

Thanks! I haven't been accepted anywhere yet. Do you mind posting your stats and your interview experience? Do you have any idea when I could find out?

I also interviewed on Feb 9. and I havent heard anything back yet. I was also told I would hear after the 23rd.

ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one! How did you feel about the interview?

How did you find out of your acceptance email? Phone?

I went for an early interview back in December and found out within a week that I had been accepted by email from Dr. Brunt. I don't know if the regular admissions process is different due to a greater number of applicants but I hope you all hear some good news soon!

I just got the acceptance email!!! I'm literally shaking I'm so excited :D I wasn't the most confident about one of the interviews but I guess it went well. Good luck y'all!!!

I just received the email that I was put on the waiting list. I don't know whether to be happy or upset about that. I guess it's better than a rejection. I will have hope.

I see so far 4 people are in the FB group. I interviewed Feb 23 and still waiting. Did anyone else get accepted?

Reactions: 1 user
I found out that I was accepted Wednesday Feb 27! I found out via email and interviewed on Feb. 9.

Last edited:
I was at the interview held on Feb 23rd as well and I got the email from Dr. Brunt on Wednesday Feb 27th with my acceptance!

For those that have been accepted to FIU can you please share your stats? I interviewed 23 Feb and patiently waiting. I checked the Facebook page there's 11 members so I have my finger crossed. Does anyone know approximately how many students they accept each year?

Hi I interviewed the 9th and got an acceptance email on the 13th.

Eastern Michigan University - Exercise Science Major
GPA - 3.66
Pre-req GPA - 3.41
200+ observation hours
GRE v-154 q-159 essay part-4
2 jobs as a PT tech

My stats really aren't all that great so my guess is they felt bad that I live in Michigan. Good luck to everyone that applied!

According to their site they admit 55-58 students each year, so it is a fairly larger class at FIU.

University of Central Florida - Health Sciences Pre-Clinical Major / Psychology Minor
GPA: 3.64
Pre-req GPA: 3.37
Observation Hours: 100+
GRE: V-148 Q-156 AW-3.5

University of Central Florida
Health Science major
Fitness Training minor
Health Services Administration minor

Overall GPA: 3.51
Pre-req GPA: 3.11
GRE: 1040
Observation Hours: 800+