Fixed Interest Rate vs Variable Interest Rate

Started by ayyntee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ayyntee

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I am in the process of doing my loan applications for school, and was wondering which option is best. Taking out a variable interest rate loan at 3.25% with deferred payment or taking out a fixed interest rate at 6.75% also deferred payment. I know the variable rate is a lot lower but do you guys think it will be higher in the long run? I also have options to do fixed payments while in school. Any suggestions would be great. I am just wondering which option you guys chose when taking out loans, and what is best for me. Thanks.