FL/NY DPT programs 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theT333

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

As everyone knows due to COVID-19 many programs have posted accommodations for admissions and new timelines for expected deadlines, interviews, and admission decisions. However some programs have not updated admissions timelines.

I am applying to eight programs in Florida and three programs in New York. I am applying to (FL) UCF, AdventHealth, UF, Miami, FIU, USF, USA, NSU Tampa. (NY) Columbia, NYU, and Touro Manhattan campus.

I have submitted all PTCAS materials, however, I am waiting for one final transcript from this Summer to reach them in order for everything to be verified.

The schools in particular I have questions about are the three programs I listed in NYC. I have not seen updates on admissions timelines. I emailed with an admissions coordinator at Columbia. I asked her "when do you anticipate applicants will hear back in regards to standing status and a potential interview?" And she replied that she had only started to look over applications, and that she is unsure but potentially in November. She did mention interviews will in fact be virtual (I know, bummer) but that dates have not been decided.

Is anyone else in the same boat, and if so, have you heard any more details? Also I notice there are not many threads up to date for this cycle and many I am reading are older posts prior to COVID-19 beginning so I thought it would be good to begin a thread as admissions ramp up where we can keep each other informed on any developing news or if anyone hears back from programs once they submit their applications.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I know UF doesn’t conduct interviews and I think they don’t get back with decisions until January-March, at least that is what I read on the website!

Reactions: 1 user