flex/hybrid online programs

Started by jeep69
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jeep69

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the difference between the two? I am aware of the university of St. Augustine in Austin,Tx then a Baylor program but are these my only two options if I am not wanting to attend a full time program. What are thoughts on these?

I am a nontraditional student.
 
Baylor is a hybrid program but it's not exactly part-time. It's a two year program, which is actually shorter than the vast majority of traditional programs. The Saint Augustine program, on the other hand, is 4 years long.
 
thanks for the reply scrawnyguy, is the St. Augustine the only option with regard to a flex program?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the difference between the two? I am aware of the university of St. Augustine in Austin,Tx then a Baylor program but are these my only two options if I am not wanting to attend a full time program. What are thoughts on these?

I am a nontraditional student.

I was accepted into the University of St. Augustine flex dpt program. It's not a part time program. It's full time just as all the other dpt programs except that you do most of it online and meet on campus twice a month for labs. The online exams are proctored so it's not any "easier" than other dpt programs.
 
I was accepted into the University of St. Augustine flex dpt program. It's not a part time program. It's full time just as all the other dpt programs except that you do most of it online and meet on campus twice a month for labs. The online exams are proctored so it's not any "easier" than other dpt programs.

It is a part-time program actually because you are taking about 12 units per semester in flex program (that is why it is 1 year longer than full-time). In a full-time program you would be taking 20 units each semester.
 
It is a part-time program actually because you are taking about 12 units per semester in flex program (that is why it is 1 year longer than full-time). In a full-time program you would be taking 20 units each semester.

Yes but 12 credits is considered full time in a graduate program