MD FlexMed 2019 Chance Me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted923170

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if you could chance me for the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai's FlexMed program? (2019 cycle)

Molecular and Cell Biology major and Anthropology minor at a public college in CT.
Will have about 100+ hours of volunteer EMS experience when applying.
Virology research surrounding the Picornaviridae family of viruses with a professor at my college.
33 ACT
3.974 cumulative college GPA, 3.85 unweighted high school GPA, 4.996 weighted high school GPA
Two leadership positions (one as a Outreach coordinator for STEM club, and another as secretary for EMS club)
Member of Honors Program at the University.
International Orientation Leader, Hospital volunteering (nearing 100+ hours), Shadowed Physicians (about 70 hours)
Want to get recommendation letters from an Anthropology professor, research professor, and physician that I shadowed.
Flex factor: experience that allows me to double major in MCB and Anthropology instead of just minoring in Anthropology due to the available time. Instead, I want to minor in Pubic Health. Strongly believe that a balanced education with the social sciences and liberal arts is extremely important to the healthcare setting. I will also be able to fit in a study abroad to take part in service learning initatives in third-world countries.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if you could chance me for the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai's FlexMed program? (2019 cycle)

Molecular and Cell Biology major and Anthropology minor at a public college in CT.
Will have about 100+ hours of volunteer EMS experience when applying.
Virology research surrounding the Picornaviridae family of viruses with a professor at my college.
33 ACT
3.974 cumulative college GPA, 3.85 unweighted high school GPA, 4.996 weighted high school GPA
Two leadership positions (one as a Outreach coordinator for STEM club, and another as secretary for EMS club)
Member of Honors Program at the University.
International Orientation Leader, Hospital volunteering (nearing 100+ hours), Shadowed Physicians (about 70 hours)
Want to get recommendation letters from an Anthropology professor, research professor, and physician that I shadowed.
Flex factor: experience that allows me to double major in MCB and Anthropology instead of just minoring in Anthropology due to the available time. Instead, I want to minor in Pubic Health. Strongly believe that a balanced education with the social sciences and liberal arts is extremely important to the healthcare setting. I will also be able to fit in a study abroad to take part in service learning initatives in third-world countries.
You sound like an interesting candidate. Worth sending in the application.