Flights and Hotel Assistance?

Started by Llenroc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Llenroc

Bandidos Motorcycle Club
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who have interviewed in the past, which programs have been known to offer assistance with flights and hotels?
 
From what I remember from the interview trail:

Provision of hotel room:
Carolinas (CIR)
Ohio State
Michigan
Mayo

The only place I've heard of offering assitance with a flight is good ol' San Antone.
 
Damnit, for two of those there are family homes nearby. :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ECU- north carolina provided hotel and transportation to interview.

EVMS prelim paid for hotel/ not PMR so if you interview there try to line up the two interviews together. Hotel has transportation.
Nobody else that I can recall. 🙁
 
Wow. I didn't know ANYONE provided travel reimbursement anymore. I thought that stopped with my attending's generation, and I finished training more than 15 years ago. Back then, our field consisted largely of IMGs (no aspersion intended regarding our IMG colleagues, it is merely a statement of fact), and many programs were willing to provide travel reimbursement for AMGs willing to interview.

I applaud Llenroc for starting this thread, as any medical student interested in physiatry could save some $$$ interviewing with these solid programs (OHSU, Mayo, CIR, and UTHSCSA).
 
I applaud Llenroc for starting this thread, as any medical student interested in physiatry could save some $$$ interviewing with these solid programs (OHSU, Mayo, CIR, and UTHSCSA).

However, I would not want anyone who would otherwise not consider a program, only choose it because it was free or cheap.

They waste the attendings time, the residents time, the residency program staffs time, and takes away a interview slot from someone who is really interested.

I had people come interview at my program who really had no intentions on coming but took the interview because they had family/friends nearby and basically got a free trip and an "excused" absence. 🙄
 
I live 25min from Loyola and 7min from Marianjoy.

If you're a girl and not creepy you could stay at my house if you have interviews at these places. 😛